turboprop taxiing .cfg adjustments

SSI01

I remember some time ago an exchange in the forum re: changing a turboprop aircraft's .cfg file numbers to slow down that runaway on the taxiway. Crank and then release the parking brake and you're up to 50 KIAS in no time, and on the taxiway. Change prop pitch to counteract and you're nose-diving into the pavement. No matter the combination of prop pitch, thrust levers, or fuel state you were stuck with this situation. We managed to find a happy medium with the KBT P-3 and make it very tractable on the taxiway by adjusting a few numbers in the .cfg but can't remember what they were. The aircraft at issue here is the Virtuacol Shorts S330/360 pack, which is in many other respects a decent package.

THAT WAS IT. After getting to the EOR and resetting the fuel levers and prop levers for TO, and advancing the thrust levers, there was a slight hangup around 35 KIAS after which airspeed surged quickly to 50-55 KIAS, then increased normally after that following setting of thrust levers accordingly. I do appreciate you finding that post.

Now if I can just lick that pesky "freeze" of the sim, I'll be home free. Sim ran normally until about one month ago when I started to experience these lockups. You can let them run for hours and nothing changes, never get a "FSX has closed" window with a report of what's wrong. I checked the .cfg file in C drive, there was no cfg.txt file next to the .cfg file. I have the UIAutomationCore.dll installed already in the sim's root folder. I've noted a couple of threads in this forum relating to that and will check them out. Rather aggravating since I have 10 different iterations of FS9 on this machine and all run FLAWLESSLY. It's got to be the sim and some problem of interaction between it and the OS.

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into the whole fix, but wouldn't the correct setting to adjust be minimum_on_ground_beta vice beta_min, since the problem is all about the thrust on the ground?

I am certainly far from an FDE expert, it just seems to make sense to me. May well be way off base here. I usually am. It just seems to fit my horse sense sensing, if that makes any sense :D The on-ground setting may be for something else entirely, but it seems worth a shot to me.

Anyway, good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived