34bit or 64bit

Minas Man

:o Hello, everyone: Just a quick question regarding the steam edition of FSX. Various Youtube videos refer to FSX as a 34bit program. Well, my new computer is 64bit :rolleyes:

Am I going to have a problem running the sim? I ran FS2004 for years and never gave it a thought (probably because my old XP Dell was/is a 34bit machine. I certainly hope I won't be disappointed. Thanks, in advance

:pilot: (Reg)

As far as I know, 64-bit operating systems can run 64-bit and 32-bit programs. However, 32-bit operating systems can only run 32-bit programs.

Since you have a 64-bit OS, running a 32-bit application like FSX shouldn't be a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Yes FSX will run on 64 bit OS, in fact you are better off:

On a 32 bit OS, FSX gets either 2GB or 3GB of virtual address space (VAS), but on a 64 bit system FSX will get the maximum (for a 32 bit program) of 4GB VAS, so you're less likely to run out of memory (but you still might anyway, depending on how many memory hungry addons you use).

Archived