FSX Steam Edition...

Minas Man

Does anyone here know if the steam edition of FSX requires a constant internet connection to work. I've heard that Steam has an off-line option but I've also heard that there are problems.

I've been flying FS2004 for years, but my old computer has just about given up the ghost, and I'm really looking to upgrade. My old Windows XP can't handle the newer games, and it's dying anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:D

Mine only asks me if I want to reconnect when I reboot, otherwise it just...runs. I have a shortcut on the desktop to run FSX though. It calls the .EXE direct, rather than the Steam client, though. Works great. Just eliminates a step in the process, is all. And I'm lazy. Every step I eliminate is a bonus, to me :)

So yes, you can run FSX-SE off line very nicely, to give a much shorter answer to your original query.

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

if you don't want Steam to connect to the internet you need to go in to the Steam and at the top left corner you will see "STEAM". Click on that and choose go offline. Now it will stay offline each time you open it until you tell it different. Yes FSX:SE will run in offline mode no problem.

Archived