How to improve my graphics

I have a GTX 750 TI. Just replaced a GTS 220.

There was almost no graphics improvement. I know FSX is power hungry but what's best to improve my visual performance?

New CPU

New More Power Supply

Hi,

Without knowing anything else about your system or what FSX add ons you have installed, the only thing I would suggest is to get the fastest CPU you can afford.

And, when you say "improve my visual performance" are you referring to frame rate (FPS) or image quality?

E-Buzz

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

Im after better image quality, framw rate currently is fine.

Make sure you are using nVidia Inspector to turn on anti-aliasing. It would also help if you provided a screen shot of what your imagery currently looks like.

Cheers!

Luke

Make sure you are using nVidia Inspector to turn on anti-aliasing. It would also help if you provided a screen shot of what your imagery currently looks like.

Cheers!

Luke

+2

nVidia Inspector can make a difference in image quality.

Good Luck,

E-Buzz

i5 4690k @ 4.7gHz (Water-cooled), 8GB ram, GTX 960 2GB, 850 EVO 1 TB SSD, 50" LED TV + 2x27" monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Win 8.1 Pro, P3DV4, TrackIR, EZDOK, a bunch of Orbx stuff, a chair, a hacked-up desk, and a cold drink.

Okay I've downloaded that.

What do I now do?

Until E-Buzz or Luke come back to you, see if you have nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and start it up. You can click on a very big list of program profiles so take a look to see if Microsoft Flight Simulator X is in the list of profiles and see if you can make changes to that profile.

My Nvidia card is old enough that it doesn't work with Inspector. I used Nvidia Control Panel to make my adjustments.

Maybe ignore my nvidiaProfileinspector.exe and look through this post from NickN.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr. Zippy above just put up the same link I was gonna. Gotta be quick in this game, I guess. Great info on what to tweak how, and I am, if nothing else, big on tweaking stuff :D

You will see a huge improvement. I am going to presume you downloaded and installed the latest driver for your new card? At least give it a try, it might help.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Until E-Buzz or Luke come back to you, see if you have nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and start it up. You can click on a very big list of program profiles so take a look to see if Microsoft Flight Simulator X is in the list of profiles and see if you can make changes to that profile.

My Nvidia card is old enough that it doesn't work with Inspector. I used Nvidia Control Panel to make my adjustments.

Maybe ignore my nvidiaProfileinspector.exe and look through this post from NickN.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

NickN's guide is the one I used, as well as stevefx's blog (I only fly in DX 10 and use steve's DX10 fixer - gotta love those moving cockpit shadows!)

E-Buzz :pilot:

Okay, here are my results before an after. Very small difference.

http://www.rugbyleaguenz.com/robinb2/FSX/Pic1.BMP

http://www.rugbyleaguenz.com/robinb2/FSX/Pic2.BMP

The worst thing about this picture are the coastline edges. Is there a way to resolve this?

I think it would be helpful if you told us what exactly it is that you want to improve.

Tweaking as described here will not change what you are looking at, it will only change how it looks (= sharpness, resolution, FPS).

Things like coastlines can only be improved by installing addon scenery. In this case, for example ORBXs Friday Harbour and their PNW region.

Archived