Throttle inputs not responding

hiway

I hope someone has a solution to my problem.

FS9 started not recognizing my Saitek throttle quadrant, and sometime giving me glitchy movements in the plane. Win XP game controller showed smooth and complete movements of all Saitek inputs. Made sure FSUIPC assignments were eliminated and went thru FS, which used to work fine. No different.

I bought FSXThrottle's Twin Pro quadrant. Flight sim gave up "seeing" it completely, even tho XP game controller saw them as working just fine.

Deleted CFG file and let it build a new one, but really no better.

I hope my wording is understandable to everyone. Anyone have a similar problem? I really don't want to uninstall FS9.

Thanks,

PT

Microsoft's recommended procedure for FS control issues has worked for me in the past:

- disconnect all controllers and uninstall any associated software

- restart windows

- start FS9, set all controls to default and check that all works well via keyboard

- exit FS9 and restart windows

- reconnect the controller(s) and reinstall any required software (whichever order the product specifies), do not start FS9

- restart windows

- start FS9 and configure the controller(s)

jfg, Thank you for responding. I know this is pretty hard to figure out, an elusive problem that has me shut down. I've done all that you stated. Multiple times.

No software with the throttles, all plug and play. (supposed to be)

Looks like the end of the road - PT

Have you tried plugging into a different USB port?

I don't know why it works but I've often had to juggle things around to make them all happy (on my current system neither my mouse nor scanner are recognized in the front ports, my joystick and wheel work anywhere except one of the rear ports, but if both are plugged into the front ports some games become brain dead and assign functions randomly across both devices and will not let me reassign them ...so much for "universal").

Archived