Issues with Vox ATC - Help needed

geordiehustler

Hi.

I posted this on the AvSim Vox ATC forum but did not get a reply, so im hoping someone can help me here.

I am now using Vox ATC with Flight Simulator X and have got to say I really like it. However, there are a couple of issues which I need advice on.

1. When I am in flight, there is many a time where I come into conflict with other aircraft. For instance, when I am approaching the airport (localizer level), often there are other aircraft landing at the same time. The ATC does not apply any separation. I have never been put into a holding pattern yet and I have had many flights. I have the traffic setting on 50%. I am successfully using SIDS and STARS, but there are no holding patterns assigned to me.

Another instance is when I'm at cruise level, the TCAS system sometimes warns me of other Aircraft and i've had quite a few near misses. However, sometimes ATC tells me to change course, due to conflicting aircraft, at other times.

So my question is, why are other aircraft too close and why haven't I ever been put into a holding pattern?

2. When in flight, I see aircraft appearing and disappearing on radar and in the sky a lot of the time. I'm finding this quite frustrating. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have the AI aircraft turned to zero in FSX settings.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks GH

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

I have my VoxAtc traffic setting at 30%. I also have Ultimate Traffic II set at 25%. Now with the FSX settings I have them set at zero. The traffic levels seem about right to me. Whether I am using FSX or Vox ATC. My levels seem to me like it is a Sunday morning at the airport. I don't have planes getting in the way. It took awhile to get this set correctly, the way I want it. Sounds like the TCAS system is working correctly for you. I never had Vox change my course to avoid traffic.

There is only one flight that I remember being held in a holding pattern. It was coming into Orlando Executive. It really impressed me. Since then I look forward to flying with Vox. It is always an adventure, or so it seems with me.

If you want to be put in holding patterns you need to set up the flight that way using the flight plan extras.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

OK, so you believe it is due to the amount of traffic. This seems a bit disappointing as I'd expect ATC to deal with busy skies. Nevermind, I will try similar settings to see if it works for me.

I did notice the option in Flight Plan Extras to set a holding pattern, but didn't really want to pre plan a holding pattern. I will give this a go also.

Do you have the same problem with aircraft appearing out of nowhere, then suddenly disappearing?

I have my VoxAtc traffic setting at 30%. I also have Ultimate Traffic II set at 25%. Now with the FSX settings I have them set at zero. The traffic levels seem about right to me. Whether I am using FSX or Vox ATC. My levels seem to me like it is a Sunday morning at the airport. I don't have planes getting in the way. It took awhile to get this set correctly, the way I want it. Sounds like the TCAS system is working correctly for you. I never had Vox change my course to avoid traffic.

There is only one flight that I remember being held in a holding pattern. It was coming into Orlando Executive. It really impressed me. Since then I look forward to flying with Vox. It is always an adventure, or so it seems with me.

If you want to be put in holding patterns you need to set up the flight that way using the flight plan extras.

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

I was having those problems of planes appearing and disappearing. You have to do a lot of experimenting. If you have ultimate traffic II and really start tweaking that program you would be surprised at the results. Another program I have is Super Traffic Board. When you look at the board and you see the plane landing you know you have your traffic set up properly. I played around a long time trying to get this set up the way I wanted it. In fact all my settings are the way I like them. I think I found the "Sweet Spot". I'm finally enjoying the sim for what it is designed for "flying". In closing let me just say this. These programs are designed with a lot of thought behind them. I feel it up to us to figure out their full potential and to use them to make our experience stimulating and challenging.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Ok. Well thanks for your input. I'm using My Traffic X along side this program so I'll set the settings on both programs similar to yours and will tweak from there.
I was having those problems of planes appearing and disappearing. You have to do a lot of experimenting. If you have ultimate traffic II and really start tweaking that program you would be surprised at the results. Another program I have is Super Traffic Board. When you look at the board and you see the plane landing you know you have your traffic set up properly. I played around a long time trying to get this set up the way I wanted it. In fact all my settings are the way I like them. I think I found the "Sweet Spot". I'm finally enjoying the sim for what it is designed for "flying". In closing let me just say this. These programs are designed with a lot of thought behind them. I feel it up to us to figure out their full potential and to use them to make our experience stimulating and challenging.

Archived