Setting Up VoxATC SIDS, STARS with Navigraph Data

geordiehustler

Hi All

I'm back for help again.

Ive recently purchased Vox ATC for use in FSX and its running fine.

I want to fly SIDS and STARS, so I downloaded the FMS Data from Navigraph.com on an initial 30 day trial which I installed into my FSX root folder. However I'm having trouble understanding how to set it up correctly with VOX ATC. The instructions from the VOX ATC are as follows:

Getting the SID/STAR Data

VoxATC can use NavData from Navigraph (http://www.navigraph.com) . The LevelD 767 FMS is the

specific format that is required. If you already have the LevelD 767 installed, then you can proceed

directly to the next section, Setting Up.

If not, you will need to download the LevelD 767 FMS data from the site above (an account is

required to do this).

The download will be a zip file called something like LEVELD_0911.zip. This name will vary

depending upon the current AIRAC cycle.

Unzip the file and run the installer (called something like LEVELD_0911.exe). You are asked for

the installation folder (the default being the simulator root folder). If you decide to change this,

make a note of it as you will require it when setting VoxATC to use the data. Ensure that you

select to install terminal procedures and navdata.

Setting Up

For VoxATC to use the Navdata SIDs and STARs, the path to the Navdata folder must be set. Go t

Start – All Programs – VoxATC X – Advanced settings. The Advanced Settings form is displayed.

Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder that contains the Navdata files. This is likely to

be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Level-D Simulations\navdata.

To confirm that VoxATC can pick up the navdata, run the Procedure Pronunciation Editor and

load an airport with SIDS and STARs. Check the available SIDs and STARs in the tree view on

the left of the form. The runway designations at the departure or arrival airport may have changed,

this may affect the SID or STAR assigned, or even if a SID/STAR is assigned at all (see Runway

Number Update).

This is my problem. It says, 'The download will be a zip file called something like LEVELD_0911.zip'. However, after downloading the FMS data file (nowhere does it mention LevelD FMS), I get a wizard which installs the 'Navigraph FMS Data Manager' to my computer. Great, but where is the 'LEVELD_0911.zip' file that it tells me to unzip in the instructions above.

When I go to point VoxATC to this data in adavanced settings, I cant find the file which contains the NAV Data. Ive searched my drive for anything to do with LevelD but cant find anything.

I hope this makes sense and hope someone can help maybe with a step by step instruction

Thanks GH

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

No I'm not. All I did was download the data management system from the home page. So you say it's in 'sample images'? I'm at work but will be back in 3 hours, I'll have a look then.

Thanks

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

No I'm not. All I did was download the data management system from the home page. So you say it's in 'sample images'? I'm at work but will be back in 3 hours, I'll have a look then.

Thanks

No, but it appears you have to download and use their data manager in order to

select the various types of data. The images just show what it should look like in

the manager. Gives you several options on the type/plane brand data sets, level d

being one of them.

No, but it appears you have to download and use their data manager in order to

select the various types of data. The images just show what it should look like in

the manager. Gives you several options on the type/plane brand data sets, level d

being one of them.

OK I have managed to sort it.

On navigraph.com there is the download for the 'data manager' which was what I had already installed. What I hadn't realised, there is also a list of manual downloads on the site which includes lots of different files including the leveld zip file.

So it is now downloaded and assigned to my VoxAtc.

So far, so good. Now I just need to set up a flight and hopefully ATC will assign me SIDS and STARS.

Thank you MBKHOU

Archived