Airports devoid of any traffic

Are you using any 3rd party AI traffic or are you relying on default to fill your airports. Until I switched over to WOAI, I was lucky to see 1 or 2 planes at any given airport. I run at 55% airline traffic. It also depends on the time of day you are starting.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've sometimes noticed no AI aircraft traffic at airports when starting the game, but they sometimes began to appear after about 5 minutes or so.

Try speeding up time for a while to see if that speeds up their appearance.

(key R to select 'simulation rate', then = and -, and there'll be a readout at top right of your current rate)

I read in these forums someplace that FSX can take a while to populate the AI aircraft at airports. Like 30 minutes. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I have that bouncing around in my little pea brain.

I also seem to recall that going away from an airport then back, like 100 nmi or more, can make the AI plane populate, but that may be just my brain loosing it as usual.

Just my 2 CP worth :pilot:

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Stupid Question: Do you know that commercial, GA, boats, highways all have seperate traffic settings which must be set? Nothing intended but I have seen that happen. Traffic is a lot more than one slider.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hello All.

To everybody who has tried to help me get FSX up and running thank you all.

A special mention in dispatches for Zippy (as usual)and iI88pp .

Iam going to give FSX a little rest for now.

Trying to get this Sim to run has been for me akin to having teeth pulled.

I use FS as a form of relaxation ,and at this moment in time only Fs9 gives me the solid and dependable performance I need for my winding down sessions, everything about 9 works flawlessly which allows me fly,relax ,sup on a beer or 4,listen to the radio ,or watch i-player during cruise, descend and land, and all with no threat of ctds etc .

FSX (admittedly if only tried a handful of flights )has me on tenterhooks each flight, will it crash or not.

Even if it isn't crashing iam still getting error messages during flights ,which is hard on my frayed nerves.

Anyways guys a little rest from X for now, but I think this will only be a temporary state of affairs.

Cheers Andy

Archived