Learn to Simulate Fast and Powerful Aircraft
Aviationâ€™s fastest and heaviest aircraft require special skills andknowledge. Jet procedures keep pilots busy from beginning to end. Makeyour jet simulations as realistic as possible by applying the sameprocedures real pilots routinely use.
Apply Instrument Flight Rules
Instrument flight rules (IFR) are required for almost all jetflights. Learn about requesting and receiving IFR clearances to taxito runways and fly your jet. See where to find more information.
Start at Gate or Parking
Request and receive clearances and services.
- Clearance to fly IFR
- Clearance to taxi to the active
Taxi to the Active Runway
Learn basic taxiing procedures:
- Requesting pushback
- Taxiing at safe speeds
- Following airport signs to the active runway
- Deflecting flaps
- Setting heading bug for take-off.
Learn about take-off procedures used by jet pilots at every airport.
- Requesting and receiving clearance
- Taxiing onto runway
- Aligning centerline
- Advancing throttles
- Reading engine gauges
- Using V speeds
- Lifting off
- Retracting landing gear
- Engaging autopilot and autothrottle
- Retracting flaps
- Changing heading
- Maintaining proper airspeed
- Changing vertical speed
- Resetting altimeter
- Managing power settings
- Keeping safe airspeeds
- Changing to Mach
- Maintaining altitudes and headings
- Monitoring fuel usage
- Using autopilot to descend
- Applying best descent rate
- Maintaining safe and legal airspeed
- Changing from Mach
- Adjusting altimeter
- Entering approach in FMC
- Using Nav function
- Or resetting the heading bug
- Following ILS and glide slope
- Preparing for landing
- Deflecting flaps
- Arming spoilers
- Crossing threshold
- Touching down
- Taxiing to parking
Use Bonus Materials
Three bonus items are included for helping you simulate realistically:
- A complete transcript for easy reference so you donâ€™t need to take notes.
- My latest quick checklist card for use next to your simulator.
- My standard V-Speed card for quick reference.
An Advanced Skill
Simulating jet flight is an advanced skill. You need to know how tofly an aircraft in the first place, and how to read its instrumentsand use its controls. You need to rely solely on instruments withoutseeing visual references outside the aircraft. Using official aviationcharts is extremely beneficial.
Purchase TopSkills â€“ Jet Simming in MSFS 2020 â€“ En Route
See other TopSkills training videos
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now