It's been just over two weeks since the launch of Microsoft FlightSimulator and the team continues to transition from release focusedwork and back into feedback ingestion, bug fixing, anddevelopment.
- Patch #1 (build 22.214.171.124) was released yesterday.
- Patch #2 has advanced to the final testing phase.
- While weâ€™re not quite ready to provide a release date for Patch #2, it will be released this month. Patch #2 will have an increased focus on the â€œin-simâ€ experience and we will post a complete patch list prior to release.
We've also been working on updating our core documents(i.e. Development Roadmap/Feedback Snapshot) to provide greaterclarity into how we are tracking and addressing communityfeedback.
- Feedback Snapshot â€“ Updated Feedback Snapshot can be found below. Though we are still evolving this document, we felt it important to share with the community to provide better transparency for feedback we are tracking. You should expect changes to the format of the document in the near future to help the community track how we are processing feedback from ingestion to implementation.
- Development Roadmap â€“ Updated Development Roadmap can be found below. This is another document we are working to evolve over the next few months to capture all the work happening across the franchise.
We continue to collect and track feedback across all our externalcommunities. This process of feedback collection and ingestion willcontinue to evolve as the team works to strengthen the transparencyand connection between consumer and development team. As part of thisprocess, we have added a voting feature in our forums to provideanother avenue for the community to provide their input into the mostimportant issues.
- Patch has entered the final testing phase.
- Team working to define release date pending results of final testing.
- POR is to release Patch #2 in September.
- Update on timeline and patch notes will be provided in our upcoming post on 09.10.
Thanks to the creative energy and passion of the community, we haveidentified and fixed several issues related to the world editor, inparticular linked to custom aerials, projected meshes, airportsreplacement and airport editing. Custom add-on airports and POIs canbe now displayed in the world map and used when setting up a flightplan. We are also happy to see that the community is developing anexporter plugin for Blender, leveraging the standard glTF format thatMicrosoft Flight Simulator is heavily relying on! On the aircraftside, instruments are improving via support for the legacy XML gaugesformat (restoring fonts support, fixing several other issues) while atthe same time improving support for the new WebAssembly-based system(local mouse coordinates are now accessible to WebAssembly gauges,several issues have been fixed). We are developing a brand newnode-based particles effects system, which is an exciting addition tothe simulator all-up. SimConnect is also getting some love and wefixed an important performance issue related to it, and we are alsorestoring missing functionality and better documenting it. Lastly, wekeep improving the SDK documentation, and weâ€™ve also worked ondocumenting the bush trips authoring process.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now