Sim Update VII compatibility and future updates to our aircraft.
Here is a quick recap of the situation after Sim Update VIIdeployment. In general, we think SUVII is a pretty good step forwardfor Microsoft Flight Simulator, and we are very happy with some of thefeatures introduced with this update.
General statements and key points:
- DX12 is still a preview, does not seem to work that well for manyusers. We suggest you use DX11 in general.
- SU7 broke the visualization of some HTML5/JS elements such asHUDs. This is easy to fix but requires an update to the aircraft.
- Afterburner effects (thrust, staging, fuel consumption) are nowproperly simulated in MSFS (finally!)
- There is a much better support for HUD collimation (finally!) - itis not perfect but it is much better
- There is native support for high G visual and sound effects (we'llremove our custom sound effects from our planes).
- Our planes will not support VR touch controllers for now
Project specific statements:
F-35 Lightning II
The update broke a small part of the code and the visibility of theHead Mounted Display. The good news is that the new afterburningturbofan model seems to work better than the previous one, and we cannow make a better HMD with collimation (not perfect but much betterthan what we have now).
The impact on the project schedule is limited to a few days. Westill hope to launch the project before the end of the month - RELEASEDATE TBC.
As far as we can tell, no impact on the Long-EZ - perfectlycompatible. We still plan to release an update to improve the GarminAera interface, add landing lights and increase roll rate as requestedby some users. PROJECTED RELEASE DATE: WEEK 46/47
No major impact on the MB-339 - but the smoke system is stillbroken. We have made new, and much better, smoke effects and we willdeploy an update soon with a number of small fixes. PROJECTED RELEASEDATE: WEEK 47/48
SU7 broke the visibility of the HUD... on the good side, the fix iseasy and we think we can now make it collimated.
We plan to release an update which will also enable compatibilitywith our future USS Gerald Ford (which will have a specific T-45CCarrier Qual variant), improve the flight model and add some otherfeatures. PROJECTED RELEASE DATE: WEEK 47/48
Other projects we are working on:
SU-31 -> No impact to the work we have done so far. RELEASE DATE:TBC END OF 2021-BEGINNING OF 2022
M-346 -> No impact to the work we have done so far. RELEASE DATE:TBC EARLY 2022
If you find any major malfunction, by all means please let usknow.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now