G'day folks! Dan here - today I'm excited to bring to you ourlatest announcements and news for 2022! I'll be announcing ourupcoming MSFS module, as well as teasing 2 more and then discussingdevelopment progress on the A-7E for DCS World (plus sharing somepreviews of the new 3D Model!)
Let's kick things off by talking Microsoft Flight Simulator:
MSFS: Announcing The F6F Hellcat
Mean, rugged & powerful. These 3 simple terms can only begin todescribe the beast of a machine that is the US Navy's F6F Hellcat.
The Hellcat is a beautifully designed, carrier-operated fighterthat is credited with destroying more enemy aircraft than any otherAllied naval aircraft and playing a key role in achieving airsuperiority over the Pacific for the Allied Forces.
The Hellcat is powered by a monstrous 2,000hp (2,250hp WEP) Pratt &Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp - an 18 cylinder air-cooled radial enginefeaturing a 2-stage, 2-speed Supercharger and water injection. Thepowerplant drives a huge 4m 3-bladed Hamilton Standard Constant-speedpropeller.
- Incredibly detailed 3D Modelling & Artwork, with precise & intricate detailing of complex features such as the radial engine, gear bays & wing joints.
- 10+ Historical Liveries, painstakingly detailed & textured
- The authentic roar of the R-2800 Double Wasp Engine - professionally recorded from a real F6F Hellcat by the same production team that recorded our Spitfire sounds.
- Wing-folding, Catapult Launches & Carrier Landing capabilities. Put your flying skills to the ultimate test!
- Detailed simulation of all aircraft systems, including electrical & pneumatic systems.
- Detailed simulation of the R-2800 Double Wasp Engine & it's many cooling systems.
- Automated Flap system
- FlyingIron Tablet UI Integration
And much more!
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now