Rothera is without a doubt the station in Antarctica with the mostpicturesque location! Located on a rocky outcrop overlooked by amassive glacier dotted with mountains to the west - it is surroundedby sea to all other directions with a line of the truly majesticmountains of the Antarctic Peninsula visible to the east on cleardays.
The runway is squeezed between base and hangar buildings to theleft and right and sea water at both ends. In essence it's a smallerversion of Gibraltar, which is British, too. A stunning approach, arunway that's crossed by a road with traffic lights and surrounded bywater.
To complete this add-on, we have added the very remote bases ofFossil Bluff and Sky Blu even further south. Together they make aperfect playground for the Aerosoft Aircraft Twin Otter!
A showcase scenery created by developers with more than 20 years ofexperience in MSFS development!
- Lots of animation including animals, vehicle, boats and people, including likely the first animated penguins and chain vehicles in flight simulator
- Custom created sounds of animals and vehicles (probably the first scenery in MSFS with sounds attached)
- Coverage beyond the base with stunning glacier cliffs dropping into the sea
- Hundreds of thousands of animated icebergs in a larger area around the base (at times it can be possible that the approach is blocked by a huge iceberg passing through)
- Offsite locations of automated monitoring stations (marked as POIs so you can fly there for regular checks performing rough landings out in the field)
- Offsite landing strips of two British field locations with custom models and improved terrain imagery/elevation data: Sky Blu and Fossil Bluff
- Emergency airstrip location on the glacier above Rothera (alternative landing strip that MUST be used by local aircraft if there are incoming overseas aircraft)
- Carefully crafted landscape to merge with surround landscape
- including updated waterbodies
- Special technique used to add wind shear details to the vast white lands on the glacier.
- Manual with dozens of pages of inside knowledge on flying in Antarctica, plus flight plans and simple charts!
Purchase Aerosoft - Antarctica Vol. 1 - British Rothera and Beyond for MSFS
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now