Piloting commuter aircraft is most attractive for flight simulatorfans that like flying according to Instrument flight rules (IFR), buthave limited time available to spend. Commuter aircraft servicingconnections from smaller airports to the big hubs and vice versa andare intensive flying in the real world as well as in thesimulator.
A famous representative of this aircraft category is the Bombardier(nowadays Mitsubishi) CRJ line of 50 to 100 passengers. Originallydeveloped to replace the more uncomfortable and noisier turboproprange in this class, the beautiful, sleek CRJ airliners were ofparticular interest to airlines wanting to offer jet feeling on shortroutes.
Their specific design with the engines in the back, low wing andslim fuselage, allowing only 2-2 seat arrangements, made them looksportive and a bit like the business jets.
Their avionics and systems have been leading edge at the time ofdevelopment and highly automated to reduce the work load of pilots inthe tight schedules and shortest turn-around times.
Pilots like to fly them because they are powerful, agile, and a joyto fly manually. They also demand more flying skill than a modernAirbus or Boeing, because the ability to automate the flight islimited. For example, it is not possible to control the airspeedduring the flight. In addition, the airports you fly to may requiremore manual flying due to lack of navigational installation or scenicenvironments.
The Aerosoft CRJ Bundle 550/700/900/1000 for the current MicrosoftFlight Simulator has been built on the experience of the developersfrom the CRJ family offered for FSX and Prepar3D. Yet the newtechnology available within MSFS gave all developers involved theopportunity to use the latest in design, system and flight modelprogramming. Therefore, they were reconstructed from ground up tomatch the new standard in look, function and flyingcharacteristics. This small high- end airliner was created with thegracious support of Microsoft and Asobo, which ensured that the newfeatures of the Microsoft Flight Simulator could be implemented.
- Highly detailed modeling based on many photos of the original aircraft
- Covered with high resolution PBR textures that convey virtual reality extremely well
- The possibilities of the new flight simulator engine are mostly utilized
- Fluid animations of moving parts such as landing gear, flaps and doors
- The cockpit shows detailed modeling and animations that provide a realistic look and feel of this popular airliner
- Support of advanced features, such as rain effects, etc.
- The flight model is based on Flight Simulatorâ€™s new aerodynamic model to provide more realistic behavior of the CRJ in all flight conditions. It has been fine tuned to reflect the performance and reactive behavior of the CRJ
- Included are the CRJ 550/700/900/1000 models with 26 liveries
- Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywell ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation.
- Delivered with October 2021 (AIRAC 2110) nav data
- Navigation data can be updated via NavDataPro and Navigraph
- Head-up Guidance System Electronic Flight Display
Electronic Flight Display
- Detailed performance calculations based on actual weight and balance and graphical display of actualized load sheet
- Transfer of weight, fuel and calculated V-speeds into the FMS, if desired
- Checklists for all flight situations
- Individual configuration settings for aircraft maintenance, preferred aircraft state when loading and additional options
- Chart display (NavDataPro Charts and Navigraph charts) with position tracking (This option will be made available free of charge as soon as the SDK allows it.)
- Eight manuals, including detailed step-by-step documentation
- Immersive sounds created using Wwise (so full FS standards)
- Compatible with Honeycomb and newest Thrustmaster TCA controllers
- Many new options to tweak the product to your likings and your hardware
Purchase Aerosoft - Aircraft CRJ Bundle 550/700/900/1000 for MSFS
Purchase Aerosoft - Aircraft CRJ 900/1000 Extension
Purchase Aerosoft - Aircraft CRJ 550/700
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now