- Gyro Indicator direction reversed and revised scale.
- ADF readout rollers adjusted for visibility.
- Fuel Gauge housings in wings repositioned.
- Brake levers - mouse-click areas added for both cockpits
- Tailwheel height adjusted on ground.
- Duplicate camera view (20) removed
- RAF roundels corrected.
About Aeroplane Heaven DHC-1 Chipmunk
The DHC-1 was developed to replace the legendary but ageing DHTiger Moth as a principal military air force two-seat trainer. Theprototype first flew on 22nd. May 1946 and the design remained largelyunchanged right through to its withdrawal from general service as lateas 1996.
A "bubble" canopy version, DHC-1B-2-S3 (Chipmunk T.2), wasdeveloped for use by the Royal Canadian Air Force as fighters such asthe P51D Mustang and North American Sabre jets of the period wereemploying such canopies.
The most common variant, the one depicted in our simulation was theBritish-built T.10. This version is the one most commonly recalled byATC pilots of the day and is still in service with many private ownersand aero-clubs around the world.
A total of 1284 Chipmunks were built over the life of the type.
- All new hi-fidelity models with superb detail
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic "pillowing" of metal surfaces.
- Separately modelled military pilots selected automatically via camera views in cockpit.
- Removable pilots based on the weights window
- Switchable navigation instruments work with period style radios
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to "iron" out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Choice of T10 long canopy or Bubble canopy models.
The package includes a variety of colourful liveries depicting real-world Chipmunks.
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Standard RAF trainer
- Manchester University Air Cadet Squadron
- Irish Air Corps
- Prototype (tribute scheme)
- RCAF (Long canopy)
- RCAF (Bubble canopy)
- British Army
- Civilian Bubble canopy (fictional)
- Royal Navy Trainer
- Danish Air Force Trainer
- RAF "Skylarks" Aerobatic Team
- Victorian Aero Club Trainer (Restored Queensland Air Museum)
- Plain texture (paint kit)
Purchase Aeroplane Heaven - de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk
See other Aeroplane Heaven aircraft for MSFS 2020
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now