Thread: Eastern Airlines Lockheed L1011 flight Chicago Ohare to Minneapolis- ST Paul

Default RE: Eastern Airlines Lockheed L1011 flight Chicago Ohare to Minneapolis- ST Paul

Hi there,

Nice shots. The TriStar is just an awesome aircraft. Is this one painted in the registration N310EA? If so, you've got the infamous flight 401 aircraft which crashed in the Everglades in December 1972 killing, I believe, 98 persons. A terrible case of how several seemingly tiny problems can add up to one big one.

Many aviation ghost stories have resulted from that flight, as well as a book a movie, and a song by Bob Welch! ( Are you old enough to remember him?)

A simple search on Google will net you dozens of sites dealing with this interesting aviation ghost-story. Look it up! It's good reading.

Best,

Chuck :)

[center]
    http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...0b4f3e8e94.jpg
    YS-11 Link:
    http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/?RhZbkY...gpyhi7hod4wxZh

Default RE: Eastern Airlines Lockheed L1011 flight Chicago Ohare to Minneapolis- ST Paul

Thanks for the compliment reguarding the screenshots,Im 37 yrs old and I remember a movie a long while back about a plane crash in the everglades but until now I wasnt sure what type of plane it was ,I downloaded this plane yesterday because I thought it looked nice and I thought it would take some nice screenshots,however your information about this paticular plane has peeked my interest I intend to check into this paticular story,and many thanks again for looking at my screenshots and sharing information with me its greatly appreciated.

[font color="100" size="2" face="Tahoma"]Nice work, I really like that fourth shot! Nice weather effects there.[/font]

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...dd7206bef7.jpg

JASON
    jasonblmu@yahoo.com

[link:www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1276|My Photos at Jetphotos.net]

St. John\'s, <-- No gawd dammn st, Canada.

[font color="blue" size"2"]
    Hi Lionbaren, how are you doing?
    Those are really nice shots, the airplane is fantastic.
    [font color="red" size"2"]
    Happy Landings.
    -Chris

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...3a2dd7b126.jpg

i really like the 5th and 6th shots! :D :D
    btw, that crash occured on December 29, 1972, and the reg. is N310EA
    and also, what model is this and by who? :)

Cheers,
    http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/t...new-banner.gif
    Jet-Precision Aircraft Painter/Graphic Artist

Thanks Jason for the great compliment about the screenshots,Im glad you enjoyed them .
    Earl Worthington

Thanks for looking at my screenshots Im happy you enjoyed them ,I found this Paticular plane in a search of the file libraries here at flightsim.com just look under Lockheed L1011 it should come up under fs2002 aircraft.

Hi Chris Im glad the weekend is here, I've been great alot of time to flight sim this saturday and take screenshots,by the way thanks again for the comments on the screenshots IM glad you enjoyed them .I hope youll look at the screenshots I plan on posting tomorrow .