Thread: someone define blurred textures

natman1 Guest

Default someone define blurred textures

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-02 AT 05:50PM (EDT)[/font][p]I have read several posts and the tips page regarding blurred textures. I tried some of the fixes from the tips page and saw no difference in my graphics. Being new to flight sim I have no frame of reference and donít know what I should be expecting quality wise from my graphics. Judging from the screen shot is these graphics typical\acceptable. If not I quess the tweaking continues. I only wish I had someone elseís machine with flight sim on it to make a comparison. I think I have read too much on the topic have gotten confused.
    ahttp://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c338db46c7767bb.jpgnd

natman1 Guest

Default RE: someone define blurred textures

ugh looks like some one needs to define how to post a screen shot for me too

natman1 Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-02 AT 05:57PM (EDT)[/font][p]http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c338f5b724c340a.jpg
    There it is sorry.

PC Guest

I think it looks great. The blurryness in the back is mipmapping doing it's job.

For me, when I pause the game, it can take up to 2 minutes to update all my textures with higher resolution textures. Pause your game for a minute or so, and see if you see the textures changing to a higher resolution. For "forced" blurry textures, try slew mode. Hit "Y" and then move the joystick forward. Eventually, it will start to get blurry (real blurry if you go far and fast enough). That is when the PC cannot keep up.

BTW: What kind of PC (CPU/Memory/Video) do you have?

natman1 Guest

Thanks for the reply CPU is 1.4 AMD AThlon kt266Pro Mobo. 512DDR Nvidia Gforce3 200TI