Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have trouble(s) with CyberPower PC system?

57C, Wisconsin, United States of America.

Default Anyone else have trouble(s) with CyberPower PC system?

Ever pay nearly $1500 for a PC, been told specific parts would be included and then find something very different when the PC arrives? In fact, a PC that wasn't even operational?

CyberPower seems barely interested in resolving this matter: no replacement order confirmation or ship date, & their best verbal guess for arrival is now Friday, claiming backordered "parts" (a floppy drive). Maybe. We've now filed with our bank a notice of dispute due to CyberPower's shipment and lack of timely response to date.

"Dave" says he'll email confirmation of their proposal and a schedule when I'm to receive the replacement - no email. "Kevin" was rude, belligerent, wouldn't allow any question, then hung up. "Astrid" says Dave will email - no email. No response from Senior Management, either. Just a substitute-filled PC that is unstable and an apology to a review I posted elsewhere.

The PC arrived dead on 3/7. The power supply wasn't completely connected to the motherboard. The EVGA video card wasn't seated properly in the PCI-E slot, skewed at the case such that the S-Vid connection was blocked. The MCH heat sink on the mobo was loose, missing a plastic clip & a metal pin that holds this sink in place was in contact with the vid card circuitry. Although told a new part would be shipped and that Tech Support would phone, nothing. A second case fan that was to be installed isn't, despite confirmation in advance it would be.

Although the company did confirm in a preorder email that one of the optical readers would be a Pioneer DVR-111 as ordered, they installed a -112D. Like with other substitutions I was not told in advance of the change. The -112D lacks features I sought.

The 12-in-1 media reader/writer is actually an 8-in-1 device.

The PC hangs frequently on reboot, or reboots repeatedly when the OS is starting. The system requires numerous attempts and quite a bit of time before the OS launches successfully to my desktop. Intel Corp's response may explain why.

Poor workmanship is shown throughout: there is a small scratch on the case for which I also paid an additional amount. Loose parts and connections are now blamed on shipping, but there is no evidence whatsoever the box was mishandled.

There was no information on how to upgrade to Vista Business as I paid for, CyberPower saying it's coming from a third party, but not when. I paid extra for VB, too.

CyberPower documents this system passed quality control? Yeesh!

On 3/15 Intel Corporation confirmed the motherboard shipped to me is the property of Intel Corp, a pre-production XBX2 meant for evaluation purposes only. Intel says such boards are to be returned to Intel after use by companies such as CyberPower -- and NOT sold to consumers. The board does not have the same features or functions as a production model D975XBX2 yet CyberPower foisted this off on me, also charging me an additional sum for this board. It's labelled an XBX, adding to the confusion & CyberPower once tried to say it was an XBX.

Included in the shipping container from CyberPower in California is a "Confidential" letter from Intel Corp identifying the motherboard installed as a "preproduction" model, and clearly stating it is NOT FOR RESALE. The BIOS Code and AA tag aided in its true identity; check yours & contact Intel if you've any doubt.

My principal desire is that CyberPower PC simply provide to me for what I paid them - a system with new (not refurbished, pre-production, or other than new) components I selected and they confirmed they would ship in working, defect-free condition.

I have a very unstable PC at this point with components I did not select and that were portrayed to me as being those I did select. Rather than a "dream" machine my new CyberPower PC is something quite different than what I expected, including a motherboard that CyberPower should not have sold to me.

This is extremely frustrating and very costly to me in the growing delay, phone time, etc. Having one's bank retrieve funds is a drastic step I'd hoped to avoid. CyberPower's response left no other choice.

Things can and do go wrong in this world. It's in how those wrong things are resolved that tell true character. How is CyberPower responding? Delay. Delay. Delay. More delay. Excuses. Saying it will send an email confirmation of the new schedule, then not doing so. Treating me rudely. I did not cause these problems. I paid for a system of my choice and CyberPower took my money, sent me something different, including a motherboard that Intel Corp tells me was not theirs to sell.

I need more than an apology on a review site and empty comments when I can reach them by phone. CyberPower must act to resolve these problems.

Anyone else run into any difficulty with this company?

Default RE: Anyone else have trouble(s) with CyberPower PC system?

Yes, there have been others that have posted the sane at this very forum.

Jim

http://www.hifisim.com/
    Active Sky V6 Development Team
    Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter
    HiFi Beta Team
    Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/
    AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/
    FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com

Although the BBB gives Cyberpower a "C" rating and seems to have no registered complaints, I seem to recall seeing some complaints in this forum. FWIW, here's a link to the "Cyberpower sucks" website which contains another link to the BBB:

http://www.cyberpowersystemsucks.com/

If you Google "Cyberpower complaints" or "Cyberpower problems" you will find some comments that may be of interest.

...Noell

Wow that sounds like a rediculous mess. I feel bad for your troubles. I actually considered buying from them because they seem to give reasonable prices on upgrades. But after hearing many of other problems people had from them like yours, I would safely stay away. Why risk it. I will either build my own pc in the future or buy from a reputable business like Dell or HP. I ordered a Dell desktop about a year ago. I got everything as promised except the videocard. I called them up and they were sincerely sorry. They sent me the video card and gave me a price break. I was satisfied with their customer service. Also, my brother bought an HP and it had a problem with a drive. HP was also very fast to make the replacement without hesitation. You may pay a little more for the computer from one of these sites but at least you get good customer service with them. They have never accused me of being a liar or delayed me. Dell did everything as promised when I talked to them. They even made follow up calls to make sure everything went on smoothly. I doubt I will ever go to a place like Cyperpower after reading some of these reviews. Don't they understand that people like to talk and that when they do a horrible job, people tell others. It is a digital world now and it makes it easy for consumers to file reviews and read them with ease online. It sounds to me like Cyberpower doesn't understand that and that they act like they can go on scamming people without people noticing.

Ben
    CFI, CFII, MEI

Blog Entries

I hope these bums go out of business! What a shame you have to go thru all this cr*p just to get a new computer. Thanks for the heads up, though. Scratching these idiots off my "when I buy a new pc, it'll be from..." list.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card Windows 7

I am afraid you ruined my day. I have an expensive new computer in shipping from Cyberpower right now!

John

Blog Entries

>I am afraid you ruined my day. I have an expensive new
    >computer in shipping from Cyberpower right now!
    >
    >John

Well, reading the reviews at their website, I noticed a mix of bad and good experiences. Hopefully yours is one of the good. Just make sure to inspect your system thoroughly,and if you do find any problems, good luck!
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card Windows 7

This evening CyberPower expressed (mock) surprise I haven't yet received their email confirming their offer to resolve: essentially build me the system I selected and for what I paid 'em. When will it ship? "No matter what, you'll have it this Friday," says the CyberPower rep.

Will he send an email to confirm as he's already said he will?

He agrees.

A few moments later, much to my surprise, his email arrives. One line. And it differs from his verbal. No surprise.

Still no confirmation of their offer: new parts, not refurbished, rebuilt, pre-production, anything else but new, defect-free and operational doesn't cut it. And no substitutions, at least not without contacting me beforehand. (An extra case fan I paid for and they omitted? I didn't seek this 'cause I thought it would make my PC sound really cool, I selected it because I need a really cool PC.)

Our bank, because of our dispute now underway, requires we show attempt(s) to resolve the matter. Boy, have I attempted. It's CyberPower who just doesn't respond, just offers enough hot air to fill the sky with balloons.

I'll keep you all posted, my fellow FlightSimmers, as I sure don't want you getting entangled in something like has happened to me.

To think I decided to purchase from them because I didn't think I had the time to build my own, and wanted something other than a Dell like my previous purchases because I couldn't readily upgrade components....

Thanks for your replies!

Happy Sim Flying!

The computer was shipped Friday according to FedX, and should be here this week. I will post my impressions after looking it over and firing it up. So far I have no complaints over Cyberpower, they answered a couple of emails promptly, and sent me a correct invoice.

John

This evening they said the system they are building to resolve issues with the first system will ship tomorrow and arrive no matter what by this Friday.

This is important: to date they continue to ignore repeated requests to provide to me confirmation they are shipping a system as they offered to remedy the problems, a tracking number, or an actual date of arrival.

They say they will give me this info. Then they do not.

They were very open when sending the first system.

Why the secrecy?

If it were your company and a sale to a new customer went this badly would you not take a very hands-on, correct all of the mistakes and delight the customer approach?
    Happy Sim Flying!