Thread: Experimental Call Sign?

Default Experimental Call Sign?

I set up my ATC callsign as Pacifica 1025 because I got sick of them calling me experimental. In traffic calls to AI traffic, ATC refers to my aircraft as experimental. What can I do to remove this annoying problem?

King Air N1025K
    Ken Broste
    Tucson, Arizona USA

Default RE: Experimental Call Sign?

Hi Ken,

Without knowing more about your specific aircraft, I'd suggest looking at any of the default aircraft.cfg files for examples.

If you were flying the Boeing 737-400, each livery would need an entry that read, for example:

atc_airline=Pacifica
    atc_flight_number=1025

The General section that follows is where the "experimental" problem usually occurs. For our example, it should read:

atc_type=Boeing
    atc_model=B734

Each ATC airline, type and model must be names that are in the FS voice pack and must be input correctly.

Let us know if this was of any help. If not, please be more specific and ask your question again.

Regards,
    JerryH

Jerry,
    I added the following two lines to my King Air 350 config following the atc_id=1025
    atc_type=Beechcraft
    atc_model=King_Air_350

Could you explain the entries in the config with the ui_ prefix? How does the program use them? (ui_manufacturer=Beechcraft and ui_type=King Air 350.

King Air N1025K
    Ken Broste
    Tucson, Arizona USA

Ken, to get a list of the airlines, types and models that are included in the voice pack, check out this site:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/0.../downloads.htm

If I were using a Beechcraft King Air 350, my aircraft.cfg would read as follows:

atc_type=Beech
    atc_model=BE30

The words spoken should be "Beech King Air". I know the website above says the atc_type should be BEECH AIRCRAFT. Use whatever works!

Also, I'm still running FS2002 where the type and model go in the (General) section. If FS2004 likes them in the (fltsim.xx) section, I won't argue.

As for the ui_ stuff. Those are just categories that are used so you can find each aircraft on the "Select Aircraft" page. Again, if you look at the default Boeing 737, you'll see that for each livery, the ui_manufacturer=Boeing and the ui_type is 737-400. The ui_variation is for the name of each different airline.

In the case of your Beechcraft, the ui_variation might be the aircraft color or the ID number.

Some payware companies will list their own name for ui_manufacturer so you can keep all their stuff in one place. I always change that to the scheme described above.

Hope I haven't confused the issue too much.

JerryH

It is important to remember that the entries in those fields in the aircraft.cfg file are not callsigns and real world designators. They are computer control codes which cause a sound file to be played.

For ease of use, most of the time the computer code matches the real world callsign or designator - but not always.

One extra space, even at the end of an entry, can cause the program to fail to recognize the code and use Experimental as a substitute.