Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to create a video using FS2004???

1. Default How to create a video using FS2004???

Hello Guys,
    Need a little help.I've tried to make flight videos using FS2004 and FRAPS(Screen capture) but unfortunately the video quality isn't good at all.I think it's about Frame rate but I'm not really sure what to do.The video is keep getting stuck and its not real time/smooth.

I also heared that some DV camera can capture the video using firewire.Do u have any ideas??

Please reply guys.Thanks and have a great day.

My notebook System Req:
    *P4(2.8)
    *RAM(768MB)DDR
    *128MB ATI Radeon 9000IGP
    *80GB Hard drive(5400RPM)

Default RE: How to create a video using FS2004???

I have had the same problem with FRAPS. It kills the frame-rate. You can try to lower the resolution, color-depth ... or record without sound. This will help a bit. Regarding the DV camera ... hmmm sounds possible and interesting, but I have no clue how this should work? Sorry. :)
    Greetings
    Florian alias PHCO

www: www.transamericarally.florianjindra.net - Continuation August 2008

For me, FRAPS doesn't work at all. I don't know why.
    Dobar

Last night FRAPS was freezing my PC (had to 'reset') probably due to a 'sound' (onboard) problem. So, I went and got latest 'AC97' drivers from 'zdnet' (google it), sound/video downloads. Then I went and got latest FREE Fraps version 2.73.

I uninstalled FRAPS from 'Settings\Add Remove Progs'. I restarted PC. I installed drivers, then restart. Then installed FRAPS. Started FS9, and minimized. Dbl-clk FRAPS and settings are: General-all uncked (do not use 'fraps always on top'. FPS-all uncked, click 'Disable' under overlay-corner. Movies-ck 'Record Sound', USE 'Windows Input', ck Full, 30 fps (might work BETTER than 'half size' and '25 or 29.97 fps'!!!), UnCk 'No Cursor'. I use 'INSERT' for start/stop recording, as it is not used by FS9 (use my head-heehee). Minimize.

Go set FS9 'Display' to 1024x768x16 bit, and frame rate locked to 20 fps. The quality will NOT be that much different than 32 bit, and works better for all PC's. Go fly. Do 'Instant Replay', and record THAT (ie: the 'good parts' as you can combine with Win's Movie Maker (if you have XP) or other video prog.) Recording 'live' is a bit too much sometimes, especially with lots of auto gen, dynamic scenery (like Carriers,etc) and weather. Use 'clear skys' for more fps. Reduce auto gen to 50% and unck dynamic stuff. It's your choice.

So, as you can see, it DOES take a little 'setup' work for things to go smooth. I love FRAPS. Also, install FRAPS under 'Programs', save raw videos there too (no problem) and your edited (Movie Maker?) wmv's under 'My Documents\My Videos\Fraps Videos. That way you can uninstall FRAPS, and still keep your cinematic 'Treasures' safe. This pm I plan to review and delete all 'marginal' avi's (as it IS getting crowded). Edit to save as wmv to reduce size to 1/10 original. Delete the avi's to recover HD space. (Too much info? Just giving an example of just how much work (time) it takes to do this 'stuff'.) Cheers.
    Chuck

A subject near and dear to my heart!!

I have been wrestling with FRAPS to the point of wanting to get my 12 gauge out, for months. I won't go into details, but I will tell you that there nothing I haven't tried, and the level of frustration was to the point of...well, never mind.

I could, through much trial and error, get either a smooth video and lousy graphics, or good graphics and a jerky video.

You will still have to mess with FS because each system is different, but here is what I found today, it just might fix your problems too.

On the FRAPS 'Movies' tab, put a checkmark in the box for 'No Sync'.

I can now record a perfectly smooth, high quality graphics, video.
    I have FS set to 1024x768x32....Fraps set to 25fps, full size, record audio.

When FRAPS is recording it only shows a FPS of 12-15, but when played back in Windows Media player, it is perfectly smooth. Give it a shot, I wasted months before I checked that ^&%%^( box!

6. Default RE: How to create a video using FS2004???

Guys thanks a lotttt for your help.We all know that there are a lot of people facing the same video capture problem.This topic will help them also.Keep posting and share your thoughts.

Again,personally from my side thanks a lot to you all.

download from AVSIM or www.neusinger.net/recorder
    Recorder_1-5 author MATTHIAS NEUSINGER.
    Sandokan

PPS,
    I don't see a 'No Sync' option in my 'FREE' version of FRAPS. Is yours a registered version? What 'sync' anyway? All I see is a 'No Cursor' option.

I myself have a ATI Radeon, 256 mb video card. The nVidia cards are also supposed to be ok, but other 'brands' may not be so compatible (as it say at FRAPS FAQ at site).
    Chuck

9. Default RE: How to create a video using FS2004???

I might be wrong here, and if I am I hope someone corrects me:

If you have a video camera with an S-Video input/output and your graphics card has an S-Video output, you can record onto the camera as you fly. You then use the video-editing program of your choice (Ulead Video Studio 9 or 10 is the best you can get for the money) to edit the movie.

>PPS,
    >I don't see a 'No Sync' option in my 'FREE' version of FRAPS.
    >Is yours a registered version? What 'sync' anyway? All I see
    >is a 'No Cursor' option.
    >
    >I myself have a ATI Radeon, 256 mb video card. The nVidia
    >cards are also supposed to be ok, but other 'brands' may not
    >be so compatible (as it say at FRAPS FAQ at site).
    >Chuck

Do you have the latest version? I think that both the free and pay versions are the same, except free has a watermark and limited time recording? My version is 2.7.3 build 5833

I still dont know what 'sync' is, but Im trying to find out from the FRAPS people.