Thread: Weather theme not loading

1. Default Weather theme not loading

Hi all,

I have ran a search on the forum and can't find an answer to this anywhere, so I hope someone can help with this.

I haven't

I am getting an error message when starting the sim up. "The weather theme could not be loaded, please check that this file exists and try again.". If I click OK, I get the create a flight dialogue box and everything sems to be working OK, until I press 'Fly Now' and all I get the loading box flying across to the right, then a black screen of death and the helpful little pop-up from Microsoft telling me the program is not responding, would I like to send a message to Microsoft.

I had installed Voice Buddy 3 and UK2000_Pt8. So I un-installed these and did a fresh install.

I have even done a complete fresh install twice now and I am still getting the same error message.

Please help, all I want to do is get back into flying this thing.

Default RE: Weather theme not loading

Hi,

On your re-installs did you manually delete the FS9.cfg file?

Try deleting this file and then start FS04.

Hope this helps,
    Jim
    ActiveSky Sales and Support
    http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

3. Default RE: Weather theme not loading

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. As I still had FS9 installed, I deleted the FS9 config file so that a new one would be created. Unfortunately this didn't work, I still got the same message.

I will try uninstalling the whole program, then delete the config file, then re-install, and see what happens.

Has anyone out there got any ideas which disc the weather is on? As I also thought about manually adding the weather folder.

Also, would someone please list what folders and files they have in their weather folder? Looking at it, I'm not sure if I have something missing.

Many thanks,

pa2q2