Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flight One's Level D 767

Default Flight One's Level D 767

Has anyone try out this payware aircraft? I'm looking to buy my first payware aircraft and need your opinion.

Thanks

Default RE: Flight One's Level D 767

Flight One is just the wrapper they use to sell it. It is the LVL-D 767 and you will not be dissapointed at all. In my opinion, it is one of the best if not the best add-on heavy released to date for FS2k4. (Yes I own the PMDG 747 too)
    I do not think you will be dissapointed, but you can always go to www.leveldsim.com/forums and check for yourself...
    -Paul

AMD64 3400+
    Asus K8VSE Deluxe
    2 Gigs DDR 400
    GEForce 6800GT
    Dual Samsung 997DF Monitors
    Dual Maxtor 120 Gig SATA in Raid-0 with Dual HD coolers
    SB Audigy 2ZS 5.1
    Logitech THX 5.1 speakers
    CH Yoke, Rudder and Throttle

How or where can I buy the PMDG 747?

www.precisionmanuals.com
    I do warn you though, these are both complex simulator add-ons. They both require some reading and studying unless you are already extremely familiar with the systems of a Heavy... The PMDG manual is 382 pages...
    They are both worth every second of effort you will put into them though and you will not regret it.
    -Paul

AMD64 3400+
    Asus K8VSE Deluxe
    2 Gigs DDR 400
    GEForce 6800GT
    Dual Samsung 997DF Monitors
    Dual Maxtor 120 Gig SATA in Raid-0 with Dual HD coolers
    SB Audigy 2ZS 5.1
    Logitech THX 5.1 speakers
    CH Yoke, Rudder and Throttle

Thank you sir

Being a 757/767 lover, this is the BEST addon you will ever find imho.
    They will be releasing a 757 in the future too, so go for it!!

Neil :7

IMHO the lvl D 767 is just about the best airliner out there. It is a complex lady though and as stated does need you to read the manuals. My first complex airliner was the Iron Knuckles DC9 which thanks to being older is a lot easier to learn, it may pay you to get that first if you can afford to hold off, learn it and then learning a more complex bird like the 767/737/747 will become a lot easier.

Before I get flamed I'm not saying don't get the 767, just suggesting the DC9 is much easier to learn, and a good lead in to something better.

John

Hello all,

Just wanted to say, I have both aircraft. The Level D 767 is perhaps one of the finest add on's ever developed for FS. I almost NEVER have any problems with this aircraft, although most of my 'real' 15k hours of real time flight in various aircraft are NON FMC aircraft. I've read the manuals, understand them and the aircraft delivers on it's sales hype -- I'm a most pleased Level D customer. Well, er, they could offer a winglet upgrade LOL, (ok I'm a freak for winglets)<G>.

On the PMDG 747. It is obvious from the start that this is a most complicated and intense aircraft for FS. It's systems seem correct, the manuals very extensive. I have read the manual twice, and I still don't get the FMC and AP. There are others who are having NO problems with this aircraft in this area, and then others who are having worse or the same problems as myself. Perhaps it is in the hard code, or it is a bug, or it is different with different systems and equipment. I don't know, but I DO, I am having a ton of problems with it and its not because I don't understand the manual or haven't read it.

I am sure PMDG WILL sort this out, with an update, or patch or whatever . . . but until they do, I have sort of grounded the Queen because I cannot get it to do as I desire . . .and I am not blaming PMDG, it could very well be MY problem, or MY system which is causing the problem. Again though, I don't have these problems with the Level D . . .go figure.

It could also be very true that the PMDG is much more complicated than the 767 . . . in the coding and programing . . . of this I also am not sure.

Anyways, just wanted to offer my opinions on the two aircraft and my experiences.

Best
    Clay

I always thought the RFP742 was supposed to model all the systems as well in which case the PMDG 744 can only improve in certain areas?

One big advantage to remember about the Level-D 767 is that the publisher is Flight1. That means you can get a refund in 30 days, should you be not satisfied with the product. This applies to all the add-ons published through Flight1. I can't imagine that you would be unsatisfied with LDS 767, though.

PMDG, on the other hand, doesn't offer any money-back guarantee.