I ran into a problem with the currency of the navaid database while practicing NDB approaches at Greeley/Weld County airport in Colorado. Anyone know of any way to update the Jepp database in FS2004?
The problem I had last night is as follows:
1. I printed out the current IAP for the NDB RWY 34 approach to Greeley from the website Enflight;
2. After what seemed like a good approach, I broke out of the clouds staring into open farmlands, no airport in site
3. I opened my 2 year old NACO approach plate booklet and found no RWY 34 NDB, only a RWY 9 NDB into Greeley. The 348 NDB freq was listed on this approach plate as the LOM to the RWY 9 approach, while on the current chart it is listed as the LOM to RWY 34 NDB
4. Hmmm, I thought. The old chart and FS2004 were in agreemnt on the position of this NDB, but the new chart was not. I thought it was a problem with the new chart and wrote to Enflight;
5. Turns out, the 348 NDB has been relocated to be the LOM to the RWY 34 NDB, but my FS2004 thinks it is still positioned as the LOM for RWY 9. Didn't matter how good my approach was, I would never have found the airport.
I suspect there are numerous discrepancies such as this in my old FS2004 Jeppsend database. Any ideas on how to update the beast?