Thread: ULTIMATE JOYRIDER - Flight Simulator Machine

1. Default ULTIMATE JOYRIDER - Flight Simulator Machine

Hey, I just got home from a great exprerience that I wanted to share with you guys. I saw on the news yesterday where this local fella, built a flight simulator cockpit for FS9 that has 3D axis. I had to try it out so I went down to his store and asked him if I could. His name is Doc Holloway, and he had no problem letting me try it, especially after I told him I owned my own C150 and used FS9 at home.

After some initial balancing problems, I started to get the hang of it. Man, I want one. It was almost like the real thing. It made the FS9 experience much more real. I had a problem with trim and had the aircraft tail-heavy, but it turns out I wasn't in my proper C of G. Once that was solved, it was easy flying. I flew the C172 and the F18 Hornet. We had to cut the session short, because Doc had an appointment, but he told me that I could set up another session if I wanted to. Well, D'uh!

If you want to know more, go to this web site.

http://www.flightcontrolsimulator.com/

Default RE: ULTIMATE JOYRIDER - Flight Simulator Machine

Thank you for this info. Were getting there!. Its not takeing long for American ingenuity to start "Tinkering" with a good thing, in an effort to make it better. Weather its HOT RODS,CHOPPERS,Nevada AIR RACERS,all kinds of WATERCRAFT,SNOWMOBILES, "4" WHEELERS and BIKES,Many stay awake nites trying to improve on what needs improving.It was that bike in 1903, that started some of this.I for one would go for this in a big way.What the hey!, a darn lawn tractor costs a lot more,and thats work!! With this idea, , were now talking some serous "FUN" VIN
    "DONT WORRY BE HAPPY,THE BEST IS YET TO COME" :D

3. Default RE: ULTIMATE JOYRIDER - Flight Simulator Machine

Hi all,,I have been involved a bit with this project,,he has had at least three trys at getting one to work correctly,and now I flew this the other day and it is very much like the real thing I also have a pilot Li.,,this has ch pedals and it controls with a joystick attached to the balance point,,works well and he may try to put the ch yoke in the next model.. it has taken quite a while to perfect and if you could not afford a plane to fly this is the next best,,I have been simming for years and he has asked me from time to time to help with this project,,he also owns a computer repair shop and has done a lot of upgrades for me,,
    He has done a good job and it warrants a look at the web site ect,, hey its a lot cheaper than owning the real thing ..if you like simulators this is it.. see ya happy flying Jerry

Hi Jerry, This project really caught my imagine. Something "Popular MECHANICS" would be happy to feature. It really is the logical to way to go for serous home flight Simming. I hope the inventors of this can get it to gether, ready for delivery. It would sell,Maby as a tinkers kit, but ideally, as a functioning addition to Pedals,Yokes,Sticks ,computers,screen ETC I would think it has a future with every FBO,and possibly the military in some form. Thanks VIN ;-)

Hi,

Some relation with this site: http://www.acesim.com/main.html ?

hm

Thank you for the info. It looks great. However, as a Kit builder, Personally would have a problem.Others can, and will do this. I would prefer the "turn key model". I probably would cover the frame with linen,and add a big air fan ,with drippy oil to blow in my face. The stuff of dreams. But I do feel there is a future with this,and for the serous home simulation experience. Got my check book ready.
    HAVE FUN! VIN