Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Weather Add On

Default Best Weather Add On

For $18.00 I can upgrade to the new FS Meteo 7.0. My question is whether to do this or might another weather program be a better investment at this time. What would another program do that FS Meteo doesen't do? I am fairly satisfied with it but would like some opinons from anyone who may have used Meteo and tried others.

Thanks,
    cj

2. Default RE: Best Weather Add On

Hi CJ -

I recommend Weather Maker Professional. You can download a try version at: http://www.weather-maker.com.

You don't have to pay for upgrades plus you get both realtime weather download and custom weather creation features.

Reed

Default RE: Best Weather Add On

I also had fsmeteo and gave up on it due to the sudden transitions of weather during flight and lack up of updates or responses from Marc. I now have active sky and wonder how I could ever do without it. The transitions between weather zones is far more gradual and the weather appears much better than Meteo from my experience.

Active sky has the support of other developers for example the wonderful fs skyworls clouds replacements. They regularly update the program and there are many happy customers.

I took me a while to accept the fact that Meteo was not satisfactory for me and to spend another $30 for another weather program but within minutes I was glad I did.

I dont know what weathermaker is like but the active sky programmers likely have more programming experience. The manual is downloadable and the feature list is long but according to the manual it can take forever to load the weather by taking advantages of features exclusive to weathermaker

Best Regards and happy decision making

4. Default RE: Best Weather Add On

I think it has been a while since you have look into Weather Maker. There has been a lot of enhancements including the process of loading Weather into FS9 has been greatly improved. We have had much success with our customers.

You can look at our forum at:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=202

Again the best way to find out is by trying the demo version. I would give it a shot before you spend $30.

I agree. I used to have FSMeteo as well, but dropped the $37.00 or so for Active Sky, and there's been no looking back since.

[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...UM_HOWELL.jpg]
    PPL-ASEL
    Instrument Rated
    CPL student

"As employees, pilots are a difficult lot. They are masters of their vessels, answerable to no one for as long as the engines are running. Airline presidents have the power to control entire fleets, to decide where and when every plane shall fly. But once those decisions are made, no one tells the pilot how, or even whether, to fly."
    Commercial Pilot ASEL - Instrument Rated
    Air Traffic Controller - Anchorage

I dont see the point for paing for weather programs. FSSKY is great.

I guess if your happy with what you have got then great
    I bought meteo because at the time I thought it was the best and now I think Active Sky is the best I have seen

Maybe things will be different in a years time but with the constant improvements and updates from Active Sky I think they will stay at or near the top of the bunch

To see what you may be missing do some research to see if you can improve what you already have

The Japanese have a saying CANI
    Constant and Never Ending Improvement

Do you mean FS Sky World? If so, then you should know that FS Sky World only handles replacement cloud textures and whatnot. ActiveSky, or any other similar program, manipulate the FS weather engine to provide much more accurate weather.

[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...UM_HOWELL.jpg]
    PPL-ASEL
    Instrument Rated
    CPL student

What does Active Sky do to frame rates and overall performance?

lynxbob
    www.thelynx.com

CJ:

I have a similar post concerning third party weather programs. I don't know which of us were first. I would have just chimed in on yours if I had seen it first. You may want to take a peek at mine though some of the responses are the same.

Good luck:
    RTH