Thread: DreamWings DeHavilland DCH 8 Q400

Default DreamWings DeHavilland DCH 8 Q400

Anyone tried this Freeware Plane yet? After trying the "Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander" this week (And liking it MORE and MORE every time I fly it) I really got interested in Turbo Props.

SO: I went and downloaded the DeHavilland Dash 8 by DreamWings. The plane looks GOOD on the tarmac... BUT: Engine startup revealed the sound of a "RECIP"(Piston) engine that sounded like the engines in the AC500 Aero Commander Recip. This is NO Turbine.

The panel was from the default 737. No VC. Left or right clicking with the hat switch to get different views in the 2D cockpit only got views in the passenger cabin looking out the portholes. The plane seems to fly "more or less" normally.

This is not meant to be a critical EVAL. Did I screw it up when I installed it? SPOFF

Default RE: DreamWings DeHavilland DCH 8 Q400

Go look in the "HowTo" section of this site, I did an article on how to combine the Fanda Dash 8 panel and sounds with other aircraft and I have done it successfully with the dreamwings. The Fanda sounds are incredible but you MUST study the manual for startup, when you learn it, it is well worth the effort.
    Nigel
    Vancouver

3. Default RE: DreamWings DeHavilland DCH 8 Q400

When u combine the DW Dash8 with the 'Fanda' panel & sounds u have a combination that IMHO is almost impossible to beat, freeware or payware.

However, like Nigel states, this is not a combination for those who want or think they are going to slid onto the flightdeck, flip a switch or 2 and roar off into the wild blue. The panel is complex and takes a fair amount of study & 'ground schooling' before it will work efficently for u, but it's well worth the labor.

I'm a retired military/commercial pilot and I'm fairly select in platforms I fly. The Dreamwings Dash8 with the Fanda panel merge shares the honor of my top TP acft, along with the AFG YS-11.

And to Nigel, many tks for ur merge instructions. They worked like a charm

Joe

Default RE: DreamWings DeHavilland DCH 8 Q400

Thanks Nigel: I'll check that out. I just came from the DreamWings site and saw mention of the Fanda Panel. I'm beginning to think maybe DreamWings planes may be designed for "Customising" rather than for using "As Is". The exterior of the plane looked quite good, what with the latest 6 bladed "Q" (Quiet) Props. I've seen some ANG C-130s with those props. SPOFF