Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FS 9.1 makes all 3rd party airplanes incompatible

Hybrid View

Default FS 9.1 makes all 3rd party airplanes incompatible

I wonder if it's widely known that update 9.1 has made lots of add-on aircrafts incompatible by changing their flight dynamics in the direction of the lesser performance. For instance, fsfrance concorde no longer can climb to 50K or accelerate to M2.

Here's the response of Microsoft Support to the incident I opened on this issue.

=========================
    ...The basic issue you were experiencing was that after installing the update for Flight Simulator 2004, some of the third party aircrafts are unable to attain certain high height and speed. As I told you over the phone, updating the game not only updates the basic game rendering engine, it also updates the way in which the aircrafts interact with the game. It also upgrades the default aircrafts according to the needs of the updated game.

We have seen a few similar issues in the past few weeks. Troubleshooting these issues to our best possible ability hasnít given us any results. But these issues finally got resolved by installing the updated versions of these aircrafts available from the creators of these add-ons.

This situation can be compared to a cheese pizza. Previously, Microsoft was supplying a medium size plain cheese pizza, and others added a fixed amount of toppings to it (like olives, onions, etc). Now Microsoft is supplying a large size plain cheese pizza, but others are still adding the same amount of toppings to it. To get the best taste of the pizza, others should now increase the quantity of toppings that they add to the base pizza supplied by Microsoft. So basically the ball is in their court, and there is nothing that Microsoft can do about it. Only an updated version of these add-on aircrafts will help resolve the issue.
    =========================

regards,

Vadim Rapp

2. Default RE: FS 9.1 makes all 3rd party airplanes incompatible

hmm, never noticed that.

And of course your topic title is a blatant lie.
    Your title says "all aircraft", then your post says "lots of aircraft" and continues to define "incompatible" as a slight change in flight dynamics, and the Microsoft response limits that even further to "some aircraft".

In my experience "a very few aircraft" would be the most accurate description and from those most would already have had poor flight dynamics to start with.

Blog Entries

Default RE: FS 9.1 makes all 3rd party airplanes incompatible

I believe that Microsoft stated at their update site that some 3rd party add-ons could be affected in some way by the update.

How can you hold Microsoft responsible? Those of us who did the update knew in advance that some things may not work like they previously did. I guess the solution would be: un-install the update.

Darrell

LOL, a classic first post thread title... :)

btw, all my third party add-ons continue to work wonderfully post 9.1 update, and I've got a boat-load of them...

cheers.

57C, Wisconsin, United States of America.

"...btw, all my third party add-ons continue to work wonderfully post 9.1 update, and I've got a boat-load of them...."

Ahh, amphibians, eh? :)

I've also not experienced any difficulties with any of my FS add-ons since updating with the patch.
    Happy Sim Flying!

6. Default RE: FS 9.1 makes all 3rd party airplanes incompatible

Good Heavens! Does that mean that I have to uninstall the 200 or so that I have that work just fine?

DJ

It's the old "You Can Please Some Of The People............

>Good Heavens! Does that mean that I have to uninstall the
    >200 or so that I have that work just fine?
    >

Don't worry. Changes in flight dynamics affect only those who fly high; if your fleet is parked "just fine", then apparently you are not affected.

Attitude Adjustment Crew, Front & Center.

I didn't know that Microsoft had entered the pizza making business. I'll take the large with cheese and magic mushrooms.