Thread: Maps for CH Control Manager?

Default Maps for CH Control Manager?

Has anyone created any maps they would like to share? Specifically for CH FlightSim Yoke LE, Pro Pedals and Throttle Quadrant.

Michael

Default RE: Maps for CH Control Manager?

I think you're going to have a hard time finding people who have that exact combination of controllers. I would think that most people who have bought the TQ would also have a full 5-axis Flight Sim Yoke.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600, 9800GTX+, 4GB, Win7 HP 64-bit, TH2GO, 8 GoFlight, CH [Eclipse Yoke, Throttle (Pro and Quad), Combat stick, Pro Pedals], Saitek [Yoke, pedals, X52], TrackIR 3

Are you using the Control Manager? If so, maybe you can tell me if I need to disable the devices in the FS9 menu assignments when I create a map. Can I use 2 devices direct and one mapped fo the same map file?

Thanks,
    Michael

I will soon be posting a Map for FS9 on the CH Hangar site:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/news.php

It will include the CH USB Yoke, Pro Throttle, Pedals and the new Throttle Quadrant.

Yes, I am. No, you don't. I'm not sure.

I always use the Control Manager (CM). Once you really get into it, I feel it adds 50% of the value to the CH stuff because of the flexibility it offers (ie. doubling the functions you can program to your buttons).

You don't need to disable the devices in the FS9 menu to create a map. When you create a map and hit the download button (it's a bit tough to find but it's there), the CM removes the yoke and pedals (for example) from the list of available controllers and replaces them with two virtual "Control Manager Devices". FS9 recognizes them as new controllers so you can assign the axes and buttons in FS9 and it will remember those settings. If you turn off that map and go back to direct mode, FS9 will remember the last direct settings you had.

I'm not sure how you'd use two devices direct and one mapped. When you download a map, CM removes all the devices that aren't part of that map. However, if you include the Pro Pedals (for instance) and leave all the boxes labeled DirectX device checked then it's pretty much a direct device even if the name has changed.

A quick (2 hr.) read through the CM help menus will answer most questions you might have about how it works.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600, 9800GTX+, 4GB, Win7 HP 64-bit, TH2GO, 8 GoFlight, CH [Eclipse Yoke, Throttle (Pro and Quad), Combat stick, Pro Pedals], Saitek [Yoke, pedals, X52], TrackIR 3