Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First time buying payware aircraft

1. Default First time buying payware aircraft

I bought the FSD Navajo Panter and the FSD Cheyenne 400s and the PMDG Beech 1900D. This is the first time I bought payware anything other than FSUIPC. I am Very impressed and think it was worth the money for the FSD aircraft but I am disappointed in the 1900. The 1900 looks very nice and flys on the numbers but has pretty well the default kingair panel in it. Don't get me wrong for $14 it is nice but I thought it would have been a little more in depth about the aircraft. On the other hand the Navajo and Cheyenne are the best aircraft I have flown or had in FS. I flew Navajos in real life for a year and the FS one is right on in performance, visual model/panel other than the GPS should be weather radar or at least the one I flew. The Cheyenne is awesome also, I have never flown one in real life but it seems like it is real like the Navajo. Anyways I am really happy with my FSD aircraft now and suggest them to anyone. The PMDG 1900D is very nice visually but doesn't have the real world aspect of it but it is still nice. I was wondering if there is anyway to return a payware aircraft and get your money back for it? If not oh well at least I have a 1900 that looks real. Cheers!

P.S. FSD ROCKS!!!!!!!

Default RE: First time buying payware aircraft

Sorry. I dont think pmdg have a return policy. Thats why you should always read reviews before you buy.

3. Default RE: First time buying payware aircraft

Yeh that is what I thought. I did read the review and I like the B1900D and thought for $14 at least I would have a good visual model. Don't get me wrong I still like it I just wish it had a little more to it system wise. Cheers!

Hey mate I too am over the moon with any of my purchases from FSD.

With the PMDG 1900 I hear what your saying but I have never purchased it because of reading about it being a sort of express release.

BUT and thats a big BUT I am a proud owner of there jets...if you ever like flying 737`s then dont hesitate to buy there`s.
    (heheh as long as your system is 1/2 decent)

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States.

The quote above is from our forums at Virtual Frontier, where several pilots have this 1900 and love it. As far as where to get the Reality XP gauges mentioned, I'm not sure, but it definitely sounds like a fix that would make you happier birdie. I'll ask where the guy from our site found them and let you know.

The 1900D is part of the PMDG Express line and as such is focused more on the visual model and flight characteristics than being a true to life simulation of the airplane's systems. The Reality XP JL2 gauges do make the plane much nicer to fly - www.reality-xp.com

If you're looking for detailed systems from PMDG, get the 737NG - I promise you won't be disapointed!

Ryan

I bought the Seneca V about a year or so ago and love that plane but when the Navajo came out I picked it up as well and just can't seem to get it to work w/ my system. It kills my framerates. (12fps at the most, when the default aircraft I get 40FPS at altitude and 20-25 at larger graphic intensive airports.) It takes forever to change views. Any suggestions on what I can do aside from buying a new computer to make this plane run better on my system? I love the plane, look and feel (from what I can feel :)

chris
    Asus A7N8X Dlx
    Barton 2500+
    512 DDR PC2700 (333) Ram
    7200 hard drives
    ATI 9500pro 128mb Graphics card

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm always hearing about how people love this plane but I just can't get it smooth.

May I make a suggestion that just might help your system perform better while using the Navajo. Go to our FSD web site and look under repaints. You will find there DXT3 versions of our repaints. USe these instead of the high resolution textures we provided with the default install. These textures as much more Frame rate friendly, but you will loose a bit of the quality. But in return your system will have an easier time with the textures.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best

Jim
    www.fsd-international.com

Thanks Jim!!! I'll try it out. I really do think this is a beautiful plane but so far I just haven't been able to spend much time w/ it because of the stutter issues. (and I do mean stutter, we're talking 60 seconds to change views, I'll be uping my RAM soon hopefully that will help a little.) I'll check out the repaints. I know my system isn't a powerhouse or anything but 1.8ghz ain't exactly a Pentium II either. I was just planning on holding the plane until I upgrade my system in the next year or so :) Thanks again.

chris

10. Default RE: First time buying payware aircraft

Yep with FSD - excellent aircraft they make there. PMDG 1900D - yea with the default King Air BUT I have RXP's Garmin 530, the Weather Radar and JL2 - since they have a mod for those the panel is GREAT with these additions. And of course it flies beautifully.