Thread: Password does'nt match password stored in windows

staffy Guest

Default Password does'nt match password stored in windows

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.Whenever I try to log onto this site,I always get this window.....'The password you entered does not match the password stored in windows for this user name.Do yoy want to change the password stored in windows to your new entry?If I say yes I get a screen saying cookie problem.If I say no I get on about one time in three.The same thing happens on Avsim but there I only get on about one time in twenty.
    Yes,I am putting in the correct passwords.
    I don't think it is a cookie problem because I never have any problems getting onto trainsim.com or uktrainsim.Please help if you can,if you can't,perhaps someone can tell me how to contact the site manager.This is what it tells me to do when I get the cookie page, but it does'nt tell me how to. Terry

Default RE: Password does'nt match password stored in windows

email nels@flightsim.com with your problem.

Trevor:)
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD, 650 watt Corsair PSU

Blog Entries

I don't think it's a problem with the forum, but either with your cookies or something else in your system. Are there multiple users on your computer?

Darrell

staffy Guest

Thanks for the address Trevor.
    No Darrell,nobody uses the computer except me.The reason I don't think it's cookies even though the window says it is,is because I have never had a problem getting on at Trainsin.com or UKTrainsim.I don't understand a lot about cookies but when I checked I'm on a medium privacy setting in WindowsXP,another reason is that I do get on this site, but it usually takes about 3 attempts.Just to make a liar out of me I just got on second attempt this time. Terry

Blog Entries

By "this site", I assume you are referring to the forums, and not the main site, www.flightsim.com correct? With the forums, you can choose to remain logged in all the time, (which is what I do). There's never a need to log-in unless a person clears their cookies. Cookies do need to be enabled to log-in.

Are you running a firewall? An improperly configured firewall can cause problems.

Darrell

>forums, you can choose to remain logged in all the time,
    >(which is what I do). There's never a need to log-in unless
    >a person clears their cookies. Cookies do need to be
    >enabled to log-in.

Since the forums were upgraded, I no longer have the checkbox to remain loged in. I have to log in manually every time I return to the forum.

http://www.pbase.com/image/28172993.jpg

Jim,

At the top of the one of the conferences or the main conference menu, go to User Menu then Edit Your Preference and click Yes for Automatically login when you return?. Works for me anyway.

Kevin

'Nother thing to do: when you come in select the main forums menu instead of the FS2004 forum. I always had to log in when I used the 2004 menu even though I had checked for "remember". When I tried the main forums menu one day, "Voila!" It worked very nice.

:D

Another thing many folks do (including me) is to bookmark this site:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

It takes you straight into the forums without going to the main site, though I'm often in the library at the same time I'm in the forums so I can see what the hubbub's about. ;-)

Kevin

staffy Guest

Thanks for all the replies,I still get the window,'password different to one stored'but at least I can get on now.Clicking 'stay on when I return'worked this morning so it looks like it's fixed. Terry.