Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstalling/Rebooting XP!! I cant do it!

Default Reinstalling/Rebooting XP!! I cant do it!

I was uninstalling some programs of my hard drive via the 'Add/ Remove Programs' list when I accidentally deleted the 'Intel Extreme Graphics' program, I selected 'No' I didn't want to uninstall it, but It was gone, when I looked at the list.
    I restarted my computer, because of the changes, and It would not allow me to start Windows. It said that there was an error, and I could open it 'Normally' in 'Safe Mode' 'Safe Mode Command Prompt' and 'Open Windows with the last working devices' (or similar)
    I tried all of these, and they all lead to a blue screen saying it had stopped to loading of windows to prevent error to the computer system, and it said it was dumping physical memory, and then said it had completed dumping physical memory.

I tried to Re-Boot my computer and start again, I followed the Manual's instructions, and when it says its checking you current Windows installation, it goes to the blue screen described above. I cant start the reinstalling XP option, but cant get passed the 'Checking current installation' part!

Has anyone had this, or no how to prevent it?
    I just want to blank my computer, and start again!

Thanks Alot.
    Chris.

PS. Please dont delete this post, there isnt realy a place to post it, and I have to get my computer operational again! This is also where most people visit the forums.
    I have contacted Dell (The computer maker) and they told me to go to a useless page on their website. I will phone them tommorow if this post yields no responces!

Default RE: Reinstalling/Rebooting XP!! I cant do it!

Start windows in safe mode. Hold the F8 key down when it's starting up and select the option "start in safe mode". It'll load. Then hit the start key; help & support center and select undo changes with system restore. Follows the instructions and restore to an earlier date before you messed it up. Then restart and you should be good to go.

I cant get into windows atall, that blue screen just comes up, and I cant get passed it!

Chris
    It looks like you will have to reinstall or repair your Windows XP. You will need a windows startup disk and the Windows XP CD Rom. Email me if you need step by step instructions.

Drew

5. Default RE: Reinstalling/Rebooting XP!! I cant do it!

Chris,

Like Drew says, you need to try booting from your Windows XP CD now, if you haven't already. That may take some steps.

Whatever you do, don't interrupt the blue screen Windows memory dump.

Hope this helps.

-- Walt

I have tried to reboot. You put the CD in the drive, wait untill you see the Dell logo, and press F12, and the select CD-ROM and it starts. I can only get to the bit where it says 'Checking current Insallation' then it goes to the blue memory dump screen!
    I was never given a disk, just a CD with the info on. Does anyone have a disc, so I can see if that makes a difference?
    If you have the disc please e-mail me the contents?
    chrisrgoodwin@aol.com

Also Drew, can you send me the step by step file?
    chrisrgoodwin@aol.com

8. Default RE: Reinstalling/Rebooting XP!! I cant do it!

Chris,

Do you know if you have the RAM startup check enabled in the BIOS? If not, make sure it's enabled so that you can confirm that this isn't a RAM problem.

-- Walt

I cant do anything, I cant get into Windows!

The blue screen that comes up:
    Says its a REGISTRY_ERROR
    It stops loading Windows
    0x00000051
    and the number above seems to be of some importance, I have searched the Windows website, and they just seem to state the problem, and no conclusion on how to repair it!