Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer servers list?

Default Multiplayer servers list?

It seems the hardest part about using the multiplayer function is finding available sessions. Does anyone know of sites that would post lists of active multiplayer sessions one could join?

thanks

Default RE: Multiplayer servers list?

I don't know about VATSIM, but there's a couple of groups that I know of. One is the fsfreeforall group, which is located @ www.fsfreeforall.net , and the other is the Emma Field Flying Club, which is located @ http://emmafield.simflight.com/ . Both groups are friendly people and are more than willing to help you out if you need anything.

If you're just looking for a list of available sessions (you don't care who the other pilots are...as long as they're there), you can d/l FSHost Spy from http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/ .

>... Does anyone know of
    >sites that would post lists of active multiplayer sessions
    >one could join?

I'd highly recommend you reading a little at this site here: http://www.vatsim.net

Check out fshostspy11.zip at AVSIM. It checks for all the open FSHost games and works great. I just loaded it and it found about 75 open games.

[font color="083f6f" size="2" face="Tahoma"]Hey there,

http://zone.msn.com/images/v9/en-us/site/zone_logo.gif

For multiplayer gaming, on professional dedicated microsoft servers, moderated by myself and many other people contracted to microsoft.. we have java based lobbys where you can join upto 1 of 50 games of your own choice, either by TCP/IP manual connection, or by a "zone launch" which everything is set up and all pre-automated whilst you get into the game, once in the game, you have full control. You will need a .Net Passport, avaliable from http://www.passport.com once you have a passport, click, http://www.zone.msn.com and sign it, create a nickname, and click CD-ROM in the options at the top, and select Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of flight.. this will then proceed to take you to download 2 mb of installation files, which are required to be able to chat / play .. once installed, click the room, it will launch and open, and eveything is self-explanitory from there..

Should you require any help, whilst using this service or trying to install this service, add me to msn messenger, lew_msn@passport.com or mnm@flightsim.com and ill be most happy to help in any way i can.[/font]
    [table border="0" background="black" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4"]
    [tr][td]
    https://www.beta.microsoft.com/Progr...Beta_04jdu.gif[/td]
    [td][font color="083f6f" size="2" face="Tahoma"] MnM
    Flightsim.com Forum Moderator

Forum Contact: mnm@flightsim.com
    Microsoft Technical Services
    Messenger: lew_msn@passport.com
    Alternitive: lew_msn@microsoft.com[/font][/td][/tr][/table]

>For multiplayer gaming, on professional dedicated microsoft
    >servers, moderated by myself and many other people
    >contracted to microsoft.. we have java based lobbys...

Nobody needs "professional dedicated microsoft servers" for online flying with MSFS.

>you can join upto 1 of 50 games of your own choice, either

This is a forum of flight simulator enthusiasts not gamers.

>by TCP/IP manual connection, or by a "zone launch" which
    >everything is set up and all pre-automated whilst you get
    >into the game, once in the game, you have full control.

What protocol is actually used if you choose this certain "zone launch" thing?

>You
    >will need a .Net Passport, avaliable from
    >http://www.passport.com once you have a passport, click,
    >http://www.zone.msn.com and sign it, create a nickname, and
    >click CD-ROM in the options at the top, and select Flight
    >Simulator 2004 - A Century of flight..

Nobody actually needs any of these ".net" or "Passport" traps for online flying - well, except for MS maybe.

>proceed to take you to download 2 mb of installation files,
    >which are required to be able to chat / play ..

Is this a patch for FS2004? Doesn't the new multiplayer funtion of FS2004 work correctly "as is"? Doesn't the standard FS chat function work anymore? Actually there is no additional software required at all to be able to chat and fly online!

Maybe you'd better go on making MS advertising somewhere else...

[font color=red]EDITED:

And why am I supposed to accept a new certificate from www.beta.microsoft.com just to read your obtrusive posting?

And why are you hiding your user profile?
    [/font]

Hi there,

Zone.com offers no patches, no add-on information to play FS2004, there are no patches released for this game as of current time. The 2mb download is for the software to be able to run the applets accossiated with Zone.com and all .Net Passport Services.. It Enables you to have ..

Moderated Chat rooms, Moderated by Folks over the age of 18 - Both Paid Microsoft Employee's and Volounteer's
    Friends Lists, with private messaging functions.
    Online Technical Help for all Games supported by Microsoft
    A Great Gaming experience provided with Free Software
    A Free chat service, in english enabling you to chat with real, military, civil and general aviation pilots.

Zone.com Hosts all games, that have multiplayer compatabilities, such as..

Flight Simulator 2004
    Flight Simulator 2002
    Flight Simulator 2000
    Flight Simulator 98
    Combat Flight Simulator
    Combat Flight Simulator 2
    Various Combat games..
    Card Games..
    Age of Empires..

The List is endless..

Working for passport myself, if you have a @msn.com or @hotmail.com e.mail address, you do not require a MSN .Net passport, for the simple reason when you create your new e.mail address, the passport is pre-made and registered with your account.

Ive used VATSIM, FSHost and many other online server programs which enable you to fly online with numbers from 2, upto 500.. Some have been okay, however, my personal preference is Zone.com .. Im not saying that because i work for Microsoft, ive used Zone.com since it first opened, as the Village back in 1995... The Zone enables fun for all, in moderated conditions, with free help and advice from game experts 24hrs a day.

Obviously, i cannot change you from one service to another, however, i suggest you take alook into zone.com and take alook at what it offers for yourself.

Just a few answers to the Points you gave above..

>you can join upto 1 of 50 games of your own choice, either
    >This is a forum of flight simulator enthusiasts not gamers.

Correct, But the post initially is asking what services are avaliable for online gaming out there, ive simply stated zone.com as VATSIM was mentioned also, why not Zone too.. gives people a wider range of online gaming with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. You, yourself posted a Link to VATSIM, im going the exact same for Zone.com.

>What protocol is actually used if you choose this certain "zone launch" thing?

Zone.com use's a Inbuilt lanch facilty, provided on the CD's (Flight Sim) when installed to you Computer to auto-launch games and set up a environment pre-selected by the User.

>Nobody actually needs any of these ".net" or "Passport" traps for online flying - well, except for MS maybe.

Not a trap, however, Microsoft .Net and Passports are not just used for Zone.com and online flying.. they are used on a whole variety of site, including hotmail and MSN Groups. Im pritty sure you have one..

>Is this a patch for FS2004? Doesn't the new multiplayer funtion of FS2004 work correctly "as is"? Doesn't the standard FS chat function work anymore?

Yes, the standard chat still works within a game, however, Zone.com offers you that little bit more, call it a chat room if you will where people advertise IP connecting flights, zone launch flights and many more, and general chat about aviation, flightsim related add-ons and more..

>Actually there is no additional software required at all to be able to chat and fly online!

True, but like i stated, everything comes with a download, VATSIM has a download, FSHost has a download.. need i continue?

Edit:

My profile is hidden because i selected it to be hidden.. As a moderator, i dont require and wish for my personal e.mail signed upto this forum to be revealed. Privacy and all .. :)
    [/font]
    [table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4"]
    [tr][td]

[font color="083f6f" size="2" face="Tahoma"]
    Hi Lew,

>Moderated Chat rooms, Moderated by Folks over the age of
    >18 - Both Paid Microsoft Employee's and Volounteer's

IMHO the world already suffers more than enough from Microsoft's "moderation".

>Working for passport myself, if you have a @msn.com or
    >@hotmail.com e.mail address, you do not require a MSN .Net
    >passport, for the simple reason when you create your new
    >e.mail address, the passport is pre-made and registered with
    >your account.

Who needs this "passport" and what's the reason behind it?

>Ive used VATSIM, FSHost and many other online server
    >programs which enable you to fly online with numbers from 2,
    >upto 500..

Neither VATSIM nor FSHost are "server programs".

>... fun for all, in
    >moderated conditions, with free help and advice from game
    >experts 24hrs a day.

Yes, that's just the way we learned to know your company for more than 20 years now.

>Obviously, i cannot change you from one service to another,
    >however, i suggest you take alook into zone.com and take
    >alook at what it offers for yourself.

Obviously not. One of the many reasons is that the "Zone" site doesn't use correct HTML code. One can only access this site by using this so called "Internet Explorer" by MS which I do not use for security reasons.

>Zone.com use's a Inbuilt lanch facilty, provided on the CD's
    >(Flight Sim) when installed to you Computer to auto-launch
    >games and set up a environment pre-selected by the User.

Let me repeat my question: If it's not TCP/IP so what is it then? What's the name of the protocol used?

>... Microsoft .Net and Passports are not
    >just used for Zone.com and online flying.. they are used on
    >a whole variety of site, including hotmail and MSN Groups.

I know. But why? What is the true intention behind all this .NET stuff? Are you really sure they told you?!

>My profile is hidden because i selected it to be hidden.. As
    >a moderator, i dont require and wish for my personal e.mail
    >signed upto this forum to be revealed. Privacy and all ..

You don't need to publish your e-mail address even if your forum user profile is not hidden. Are you ashamed to be a forum moderator or are you ashamed to admitt that you're payed by Microsoft? I don't quite get it.

And then there's still one answer left: [font color=red]"Why am I supposed to accept a new certificate from www.beta.microsoft.com just to read your obtrusive posting?"[/font]
    [/font]

Hi Heyer..

Microsoft .Net Passports are created automatically when you create a @msn.com or @hotmail.com e.mail address .. if youw ant to use another e.mail not supported by microsoft then you need to register that e.mail as a passport, www.passport.com (non supported e.mails such as @flightsim.com or @ntlworld.com .. )

Zone.com can be viewed from many browers, such as Mac, Internet Explorer and many more, im sat infront of a Mac now and im surfing fine.

Zone auto launch facility .. You join a game, pre-hoested.. when one user, or the host of the game selects "launch" it automatically starts flightsim, on both, or more PC's .. depending how many are in the game, connects you all to one IP, hosted by a MS server.

True Intention of .Net passport.. One name, one profile, one e.mail address.. I can only suggest you try it, if you dont have one, then you dont obviously use msn messenger, or such like programs.. (MSN Messenger requires a passport to connect..)

As for my personal details.. they are irrelivant to you, to anyone else, i dispence them as i see fit and appropiate...

But if you really wanna e.mail me, then lew_msn@passport.com or msn_lew@microsoft.com .. Even have my telephone number if you want .. lol why do you want to see these details? feel free to drop me a line .. thats all it says on my profile.. im sure you will be able to sleep now you have this information.

As for the Certificate, its the image next to my name, comes from a MS source, therefore a certificate is/maybe required for some people.. I dont upload logo's / images to the flighsim servers, due to copyright and other issue's therefore no copyright issues are proclaimed in the use of these images. [/font]
    [table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4"]
    [tr][td]

Those of you bagging on the Zone, really ought to try it. Yes, it does require a small download and a .NET login - big whoop! For you die-hard enthusiasts, the Zone may not be for you, but for the rest of us that sometimes like a laid back, relatively easy multiplayer platform, that always has people online, then the Zone is great. And Michael, if you're such an enemy of Microsoft, why'd you dump $50 on this Microsoft 'game'. And yes, it is a 'game' to some and a simulator to others. This whole .NET, IE conspiracy thing is a joke - the Zone is nothing more than a platform for connecting with others online, using MS's proprietary code. It's no more dangerous than Squawkbox and a helluva lot easier.

I for one, am appreciative of Microsoft for providing this free service (one which has continually lost them money) for its gaming fans. Just my 2 cents.

-Smitty