Thread: Taxi Speed to Fast

Default Taxi Speed to Fast

I d/l'd a FSCOF aircraft that taxi's at a bizzilon miles per hour. How do I change the settings to slow it down in the aircraft files?

THIS AIN'T NO FREAK'IN GAME KID!
    [link:www.fscentre.com/dash8|http://members.shaw.ca/danport/dansig_fanda.gif]

Default Bump

Bump

Default RE: Taxi Speed to Fast

What kind of aircraft? If using a constant speed prop, I lower the prop rpm. There is also a ground control gauge around, but it has some problems with brake cycling.

For multi-engine, try taxiing with only partial engines running firing up the others and checking while holding short for take-off or doing a run-up before requesting take-off clearance.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

Default RE: Bump

Try RCBgh-322.zip A groundhandling gauge. I haven't had any trouble with it so far and has some neat features like voice, pushpack, auto taxi speed after speed is at or below 40 kts on landing . Worth trying

The model is the CAF F-101B VOODOO by Kazunori Ito. (CAF-101.zip) It is a awsome looking aircraft done in all the skins of the CAF.
    I have installed the control gauge that you guys speak of but it does not help. The AC takes off on a roll down the taxi way with no help in slowing down from the taxi gauge. There is another taxi gauge that was good for FS2K2 that I had used a few times but can not remember what the name was. It worked very well.

I am not familiar with this model, but it sounds like a military combat jet, right? Don't know much about these but what do your power/thrust/turbine gauges show? Are afterburners off? Only read about these, so forgive my ignorance.

Just throwing this resource idea out, but at www.computerpilot.com, the magazine's website, there might be an appropriate forum area to post this question since they cover combat sims as well as civilian in their reviews.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

Could it be as simple as recalibrating your joystick/yoke/whatever?

Just wondering...

Simon
    -----------------------------------------
    Simon