Thread: Milton Shupe's Dash 7 update available :-)

Default Milton Shupe's Dash 7 update available :-)

Hi :-)

Just wanted to tell everyone (if they don't already know).

Update for Milton Shupe's Dash 7 Cargo (dash7c1) to make it work in FS2004 can be downloaded at least from www.flightsim.com.

Update for Milton Shupe's Dash 7 Passenger (dash7p1???) to make it work in FS2004 can be downloaded at least from www.flightsim.com

Milton Shupe's Dash 7 Ice Recon can be downloaded from (guess what) www.flightsim.com :-)

I think the last one is full package and not the update. Not really sure, because I'm just downloading it and haven't tested it yet.

Because this plane is one of the best I like (I'm falling for medium sized planes), I thought I might let everyone else know too that these great planes have updates :-)

Thanks goes to Milton Shupe and everyone else working with the planes :-)

In dash7c9.zip .GAU and .CAB files are in Aircraft\Dash7c1\panel directory, they might belong to Gauges directory.

In Ice Recon version the .GAU and CAB files are in Aircraft\Dash7cir\panel directory, they might belong to Gauges directory.

Or is Milton using them directly from panel directory? Don't know yet. Going to start testing them now. :-)

IFRfun Guest

Default RE: Milton Shupe's Dash 7 update available :-)

They are meant to be in the panel folder, not the default gauges folder. Easier to install, easy to remove.

Seems many want them not to be clogging up the default gauges folder so we'll see how you like them in the panel folder. :-)

Your FS2002 Dash7v1 gets Dash7v9 - Upgrade ONLY to FS9
    Your FS2002 Dash7c1 gets Dash7c9 - Upgrade ONLY to FS9

FS9 - Dash7CIR is a full release of the Canadian Ice Recon model complete with observer's cupola and radar pods.

Milton

Milton,

I haven't had the chance yet to e-mail you, but I'd like to give two thumbs up. She's a beauty. Please extend my thanks to the rest of the team as well.

Also, I like the gauges in the panel folder. Sure helps in keeping the gauges folder clean.
    Coffee, anyone?

Hey Milton, great plane. Are there any problems if the gauges are in the GAUGES folder instead of the panel? Thanks.

5. Default RE: Milton Shupe's Dash 7 update available :-)

I'm not sure if this was in FS2002 but aparently the panel.cfg will look for the gauges in the actual panel folder first then look elsewhere (gauges folder) for them

I'm not 100% on that though.. someone else might know more

[FONT FACE="Trebuchet MS" COLOR="#333333" SIZE="2"][link:members.lycos.co.uk/mcwdainow/|My Desktop wallpaper website] / [link:members.lycos.co.uk/moggierepaints/|My repaints website]

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...3111c80ea7.jpg

IFRfun Guest

For the Dash 7, the gauges may be placed in the FS9/gauges folder without changing the panel.cfg.

It is correct that if set up this way, and the gauges are not found in the panel folder, then FS looks in the default FS9/Gauges folder.

Milton

IFRfun Guest

Not at all .. it will work fine. Matter of fact, for most of the testing and modifying phases, these gauges were in the default folder.

I moved them during the last week of testing.

So, yes, you can move the gauges and .cab files to the FS9/Gauge folder without changes. Do not unzip the .cab files.

Milton

Milton,

Many thanks for the Dash updates!

Let me ask you a question: Do the two versions (passenger and cargo) have the same panels and sounds? If they are the same I will make just an alias to save disk space.

Again, many thanks!

Edmundo

Great idea putting the gauges in panel folder :-)

I hope everyone would start doing it -> would make uninstalling much easier. In your case it really doesn't matter, because I'm not uninstalling them at all :-)

IFRfun Guest

Yes, same panel and sounds. Please do alias for big savings. :-)

Milton