Having spent so much time to find the best settings for my system, I though it may interest anyone who's having the system as mine to know about my conclusions.
I am now using the following :
- Asus P4C800 Deluxe i875P 800/DDR400/SATA
- Intel Peintium 4 HT 800Mhz 3.0 ghz.
- Mushkin 256 MB * 2 (512) PC 3200 DDR-400
- LeadTek WinFast 256MB DDR FX 5900 8x VIVO
- 120GB Seagate Baracuda V SATA150 8MB
- Creative S-Blaster Audigy DE 24bit
- LCD Samsung 17'
- Win XP SP1
- No overclocking
To get the best compromise, I set the card on "allow application to manage AA" and AF on 4x.
Inside FS2004, I set AA "ON" and MIP on "4".
Terrain mesh is on 100%, traffic is 100% with traffic AI packages installed and I would get 23-24 fps in the sky (I have locked it to 24) and sometime at big airports, it would go down to 14-16 fps.
Do that figures seem normal for you or should I get more.