Thread: Anyone....

1. Default Anyone....

Is anyone running FS 2K4 with a machine closely matching mine:

1 Ghz P3 384 Meg of RDRAM GeForce 3 Ti500 64Meg 180 Gig HD

If so, how is it? Im not ready to upgrade, but would like to get some input before I try to install the sim.

Thanks,

Corey

P.S: My system runs FS2K2 just fine (average of 20-30 FPS with sliders at 50 to 80% for most things.)

Default RE: Anyone....

I have a pretty similar setup, Geforce 2 instead. It runs fine, but I've found that the 3d clouds are a huge fps killer on my system. With only 2d clouds, I'm sure you'll get performance very similar to what you get with FS2002.

3. Default RE: Anyone....

I have a P3 1Ghz, 512Meg of ram, a Geforce 3 Ti200 64Meg, and FS2004 runs very poor. I'm ok if i have blue skies, but the instant I downloaded real weather, my FPS were like 3-6. I had to go back to blue sky...

For me, I now need a new machine if I want to run FS2004 and enjoy a few clouds..

I have a Hercules GeForce 3 Ti500 64Meg, P4 1.3Ghz 620Mb DDRAM and a 40GB HD. If I were you I'd treat your machine to more RDRAM - especially if you are trying to run with WindowsXP. I'm still waiting for my copy of FS1004 so can't comment further yet!. When are they gonna realease it down under (Australia)?

I don't know if you are familiar with my screenshots, but they are all taken with this system:-

Pentium III 933Mhz with 512Mbs SDRAM
    on an ASUS CUSL2 board.
    Hercules Prophet III GeForce3 video card with 64 Mbs DDR RAM
    SB Live! 1024#
    WinME with DirectX9a

6. Default RE: Anyone....

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Peter, Im going to take a look at your shots. For now, though, how are your FPS with and without wx? what res do you run at?

I suppose I should just buy it and try it! If it doesnt work, I can always stay happy with 2002 for a year or so more. :)

Corey

My pictures are down for a day or so while the server is changed but here is a quick Thunderstorm picture for you:-

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...344af4881b.jpg