Thread: Were the clouds done too gray again?

Default Were the clouds done too gray again?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-03 AT 00:08AM (EDT)[/font][p]I recently saw a screenshot after someone requested a cloud overcast screenshot. It looks great, but somehow, I think that Microsoft went too gray again. MSFS has used gray and pink tones to a disastrous effect in previous versions of FS, most notably in FS2002. Judging from the screenshots that have been posted, the gray on the underside looks right, but the tops really should not be that gray. When flying on top of an overcast, with blue skies above, the clouds should look extremely white with so much sun reflecting from them. The exception is of course flying on top of an overcast with another layer a few thousand feet above. This would darken things up. Does anyone agree with this idea? I'm including a re-sized picture that was posted. This is not my screenshot as I don't have a copy of FS2004. I'm posting it for reference purposes only. http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...f5516e3f34.jpg

Default RE: Were the clouds done too gray again?

Thanks for the screenshots ladamson, that evening shot looks very appropiate. Judging fom the colors of the clouds, it looks to be a dawn? 6-7ish or dusk 7-8ish shot. I am very eager to see how those same clouds would look at 12pm? I wouldn't mind waiting until July 29th, but if you or any beta-tester would be kind enough to post the whitest "cotton" cloud overcast view you could muster, I'd love to see it.ladamson, in your opinion, do the clouds in that screenshot I posted look a little too gray?

That morning/evening shot is gorgeous!! That's when I fly FS2k2 anyway. Day time is boring. Looks like FS2k4 has got the real world colors spot on.

>That morning/evening shot is gorgeous!!
    >That's when I fly FS2k2
    >anyway. Day time is
    >boring. Looks like FS2k4
    >has got the real world
    >colors spot on.

It stunned me too!

Ladamson