Thread: How do I get rid of buildings in the air?

1. Default How do I get rid of buildings in the air?

Hello,

I am trying to modify a scenery add-on comprised of several buildings, which had flatned portions of the terrain. My object is to replace this flat terrain with more realistic terrain from FsGenesis. As a result of me tinkering with the scenery, some of the buildings are now in the air! I was wondering if there is a way to position the building back to the ground? Also, I would like to restore the nicely detailed photo imagery that came with the add-on which disappears as my plane files over the sceneryThe company that created this product marketed it for FS2004 but it contains several FS2002 scenery files. Thank you for your help.

Walter

Default RE: How do I get rid of buildings in the air?

Hi,

I don't think your problem has anything to do with fs2004. Rather it is a matter of the add-on scenery being built on a probably default terrain. The buildings in this add-on scenery all have x,y,z coordinates, the z coordinate being the altitude of the scenery. FS genesis alters the terrain so that your buildings could float in the air. I don't know how to change this unless I would have made the scenery myself. I could then change z to my own liking in the source file.
    As for the disappearing of the photoreal scenery, it could be a matter of priority in the scenery layers. Try putting the photoreal scenery on a higher level in the add-on scenery library.

Roby