Larry, Jeff...and anybody else. :)
I'm studying for my Instrument Oral and I received a little guide compiled by the various CFIs and had been going around the airport. It contains a broad selection of questions that the examiners have been asking during the orals. I was wondering if you might be able to help me answer a few of the more obscure (the ones I don't know)...here goes:
1) What do you do if your Pitot static and alternate static source doesn’t work?
2) Does the Kohlsman Window push on the aneroid wafers?
3) Why is the Pitot tube always on the left wing?
4) If the static system is inoperative, will the transponder still work?
5) Why do you still hear the marker beacons if you fly over them with out the localizer frequency tuned in?
6) How much does oil weigh?
7) How much does the VSI lag?
8) Three things that determine 180h.p?
9) What does “0000” mean in the transponder?