Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: C182RG Not listed in FS-COF

Default C182RG Not listed in FS-COF

Anyone else notice the C182RG seems to have been dropped from the list (in addition to the Camel)? How unfortunate. Honestly, I don't miss the Concorde as it doesn't reflect my type of simming experience, but removing the low/slow aircraft in which you can truly appreciate the scenery is disappointing. HOWEVER, I'm very pleased with MS based on the new features and aircraft that will be included.

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...f517636351.jpg

Default RE: C182RG Not listed in FS-COF

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-03 AT 10:53AM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-03 AT 10:53AM (EST)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-03 AT 10:53AM (EST)[/font]

Arghhhh... Not you too, Dave! Just kidding. :-)

That is kinda sad. Even though the flight models are kinda touchy, I still enjoy taking the default Cessna's out for a spin.

Edit: Is it just me, or has the Outer Marker been taken away. :-hmmm

http://www.virtualkoreanair.com/images/banner.jpg
    J.C. Howell
    PPL-ASEL
    Instrument Rating student
    Commercial Pilot ASEL - Instrument Rated
    Air Traffic Controller - Anchorage

Well, the RG was always something of an anachronism as it didn't represent a current-build aircraft and it wasn't old enough to be `vintage`. Guess they decided the time was right to drop it.

Still, we get a piston-engined helo for the first time. That ought to be interesting.

Chas

The flight model of the default 182RG was a joke and the panel was nothing like the real thing. It was too bad, because the Skylane RG is easy to fly cross country machine. It doesn't have the sex appeal of a Beech or Mooney but it won't break your heart or wallet.

>"I still enjoy taking the default Cessna's out for a spin"
    I still enjoy many of the default aircraft (even with their limitations). Most of the visual models are nice, and they don't tax my antique system as most of the more complex add-ons do.

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...f517636351.jpg

The last thing I would ascribe to the Skylane RG is touchy. Very solid feel and smooth flyer.

In real life, or in the sim? I haven't had the pleasure of flying a 182, yet. I was supposed to yesturday, but during my preflight, I noticed gas running out of one of the seams on the underside of the left wing. Turns out it was a leak in a seal around the tank vent. It took them 15 minutes to fix, but an hour to find, so we ended up taking a 172 instead.

http://www.virtualkoreanair.com/images/banner.jpg
    J.C. Howell
    PPL-ASEL
    Instrument Rating student
    Commercial Pilot ASEL - Instrument Rated
    Air Traffic Controller - Anchorage

Real life. The 182RG feels a little heavier on the controls. Biggest change for you will be the prop control and cowl flaps. You get used to using MP and RPM after the first hour and a half. The ride is much smoother on a bumpy approach.

I too shall miss the RG, anachronistic or not. Did I see somewhere that FS2K2 aircraft will work in COF? Does that not cover the issue?

Little off topic, but does anybody know if the C172 is going to be a GMAX model? I know the Mooney is, so I guess I would'nt be crazy to assume that it is.

Ron.