Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Push Back

benpotter Guest

Default Push Back

Hey all,

I am a pretty experienced flight simmer using fs2002 pro how ever have never been able to fully understand why I can't get the push back function to work correctly.

I push shift-p and then 1 or 2 depedning on which way i want to turn. It always moves backwards but vary rarely can I get the aircraft to actually turn.

Can anyone pls shed some light on this. Is there a special way u have to press the keys......hold em down or something.....I am usually in spot plane view as well.

Thanks for any help

Baffled
    Ben

burningdesire Guest

Default RE: Push Back

Hey, you're doing beter than me. I can't even get it to roll at all!!

It seems to work most of the time for me. I have to be out of ATC.

I hit shift P then rapidly hit 1 or 2 depending on the turn about 5 or 6 times, after about 10 seconds it turns....keep trying I guess or maybe there is another explanation.

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...fc0327cf02.jpg

JASON

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-03 AT 05:26AM (EST)[/font][p]After 'Shift + P', just press 1 or 2 shortly after. The plane should turn at the right moment, it will be after it has travelled at least 1 full length of the plane.

The most likely reason that it isn't working for you is you MUST use the number 1 & 2 keys at the top of the keyboard as opposed to the one's on the keypad on the right side.

Tony Clarke

U.K

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that.

It is the number keys above QWERTY. Good Luck!

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...fc0327cf02.jpg

JASON

burningdesire, are you releasing the brakes?

Tony Clarke

U.K

I think there's a problem with the push back in the spot view.

Do a file search for rcbpb-11.zip a very good push back gauge, will work with most aircraft.

Cheers
    David

There isn't a problem with spot view, at least there isn't for me.

You'll find a detailed, and I think accurate description of FS2002 pushback here:

http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/FS2002/....html#Pushback

HTH

--
    Brian Tooby
    TCA Pilot #2658

Pilot's Assistant Home Page:
    http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/P_Assist_Home.html

doomba14 Guest

Hi

The problem is with changin views. Before you press the Shift+p get into the view you want to be in for the entire push back as after you press shift+p changing the view in anyway (even slightly changing the camera angle in spot plane view or looking out of one of the side windows in cokpit wiew etc) will for some reason disable the ability to turn.

so here is a little procedure.

1. Chose the best view, usually spot plane, get the dsired view which you wont be tempted to change during the push back

2. push shift+p

3. when you are aprox a plane length from ur turn press 1 or 2.

4. This will turn your plane 90 degres.

5. once in desired location press shift+p again.

Note that during the turn you can change your view. it will not disrupt that, it only effects your turn if you change view before the turn.

hope this helped

Tom

FlytheSpitfire Guest

Certain gauges can cause the Push back and push back turn not to function properly in FS2002. You should not have problems with default aircraft, unless of course, you modified the panel.cfg and added different gauges.

Also some add on aircraft can cause conflicts with the "Shift" key. For example, with 767PIC, their was now way in the world to get the aircraft turned. The work around was to reassign the key assignment for the push back. I changed the "Shift + P" to just "," and this fixed my problem with 767PIC. However, other panels, simply don't like the turning function of FS push back. Brakes don't need to be off.

Only suggestion, re-sign the "Shift+P" to another key. Timing is a factor. Just after you first press "Shift+P", while in cockpit view, you'll see the nose drop very slightly. At that instant, press the 1 or 2 key while you keep the "Shift+P" key press.

Good luck...