FSX Activation

gonpostal

Just want to share something I found concerning an error I received today when trying to activate FSX Acceleration on my new Windows 10 system.. The strange thing was, FSX activated just fine, but when trying to activate Acceleration I got the 1-8004005 error.

I did some searching and found this thread from five years ago concerning the same problem. Here was the fix for it:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)

2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-

E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.

5. Close Registry Editor

6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Only thing was, PartMgr was already there, but it was listed as partmgr (all small letters). I then changed the value to PartMgr and after that Acceleration activated normally.

Hope this helps someone who runs into a similar problem. As always, one should be very careful when making changes to the registry, as making just one little mistake can cause your system to become unbootable.

• 1 month later...
Just spent half a day trying to resolve the FSX Acceleration activation problem. Looked at the Registry several times but never noticed the upper & lower case thing. Changed the P & M to upper case & instant success - Brilliant! Thanks gonpostal

Archived