CH Products Rudder Pedals

I'm thinking of buying a yoke and pedals set soon and I mainly would like to get the CH products Flight Yoke and pedals, because they're cheaper than Saitek and within my budget. But, a friend told me that CH Product's Rudder Pedals don't feature toe brakes (Or any kind of braking). Is this true?

If this is true, Is it possible for me to use the CH Flight Yoke with Saitek Rudder Pedals together in FSX?

They DO have toe brakes!!

I've been using them with my yoke for many years. No problems at all.

Maybe get the paid FSUIPC to calibrate them perfectly. It also gives a lot more assignments that FSX does, such as using one of the toggles on the yoke for gear up & down, instead of using the 'G' key. I do not use the CH Products driver/config thingie. It sux. FSUIPC far better (& to me, essential)

So, yes, there are toe brakes.(configurable for rate of braking thru FSUIPC as well).

Cheers,

Ronin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Folks,

Used CH since game port days - great stuff...

I used the Control Manager software up until Windows 10 - in Windows 10 it gave me issues - the devices would become unresponsive... I'm not sure CH actually devoted the time to fully test Win10... I removed it completely and have much better results without it via FSUIPC... FSUIPC improves upon things like throttle drift as well - with the default P3D setup I found it difficult to maintain a precise throttle setting - FSUIPC seems much better...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Hi...

I believe the devices are independent - so mixing and matching "shouldn't" be a problem... Personally - I have the CH rudder pedals but I could never find a way to position them at my desk while being comfortable... They are gathering dust... The CH Pro Throttle has a micro joystick that is positioned under your thumb that I use for a rudder while using flight sim... It works well and has become second nature for me - might not be satisfactory for everyone...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Do not buy Saitek pedals. They'll get broken easily! CH-pedals are much more robust!

Wow, where did that come from?

I've used my Saitek pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant, and switch panel for several thousand flight hours over a multi-year span with at least four (4) different computers. Other than communication issues, which a registered FSUIPC cleared up, I've not had a single issue with any of these products.

And yes, just as I remembered it from RW flying, the Saitek pedals work perfectly for toe braking as well.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Wow, where did that come from?

I've used my Saitek pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant, and switch panel for several thousand flight hours over a multi-year span with at least four (4) different computers.

Well, I have destroyed two (2) Saitek Combat rudder pedals in 5 years. My CH Pedals just keep working and working.

Me again. We have guys that use both at our VA, so we can try either set.

The popular opinion is that the CH yoke is slightly more robust than the Saitek. We pretty much open as far as pedals go. I'm using the CH Products pedals and I have put a block underneath to raise the far end by about an inch or 2. Much better.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The CH products work great for me. In fact, I'm on my second set. The first ones were the game port version, but I sold them and went with the USB type, since my computer upgrade. No complaints whatsoever.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the CH-yoke and Saitek Pedals for over 7 years now. Both still work perfectly, and I'm an intense simmer. I think these setups are really all a personal preference.

To be honest: the saitek 'feel' of the yoke is more like the real thing compared to CH is what I noticed at the setup of frienda. The pedals though, I'd go for the Saiteks with resistanse maxed out.

Archived