FSX Not Keeping System Time

usb777

Not sure what's going on but for some unknown reasom my FSX isn't keeping time properly ie load default flight mine at KRNO. Go to EGll. Go back to KRNO and the time loses an hour. Checked all the settings I know oc using system time AS set on GMT Seems like maybe daylight savings time did something? Not sure but first time issue I can remember in ten years of FSX. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I have been trying both ways, start the saved flight first then go somewhere else, go somewhere else first. as well as exit flight then going somewhere else. Not sure anymore which is the best route anyway. Also saw in my FSUIPC a box for using system time for flights. Should that be checked as well? I don't use the FS clock sync'd because I find the constant screen refreshing a distraction and a couple of lost minutes doesn't hurt me.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

When you load the saved flight and have the FSUIPC option ticked, it will maintain the local time of your start location, not of the airport you're flying to.

What I think is that you losing that hour is a glitch in the sim specific for that night. I fly EHAM- UK all the time and with the settings mentioned my clock always stays at Zulu-time.

What's happening I haven't noticed before but considering how much I have going on anymore like Active Sky, there are four bullets to choose for the time on the main page, Local,GMT and next to that Sim Time and Real Time. Not even sure what they do I have I thought always just had GMT checked. Looking into what these other options do now.

Mike G.

You could try and reproduce it by setting your system time back to last sundaymorning 00:55 Zulu, start a flight and see what your FS clock does under your current settings; does it become 2 o' clock? Or does it forward to 3 o'clock? If your sim is keeping up system time that would expain everything.

Is there an option in Windows btw that could cause your system time to update to daylight savings? I know my Dutch system does.

I have no problems with my simsettings: simtime = systemtime, FSUIPC keeps it in sync. I do have these glitches in the screen btw, never knew it was this setting that caused them. Thnx!! :-)

I just ran a test. Started the default flight at KRNO relocated to KMIA and the time changed from Pacific to Eastern. Flew around about an hour then relocated to KNZY and the time changed back to Pacific so everything worked the way I thought it should. Now my settings are at AS GMT and Forced System Time. FSUIPC no time box checked at all. FSX use system time for free flight. Now wondering what will happen if when first running the program I change the airport from the default to mine KRNO say to EGLL the time should change to whatever time it is in London and then relocate to KRNO should change to Pacific time and then instead of change the airport end the flight first then go to KRNO and see what the clock does. I thought in the past it would change to whatever the real time is at KRNO with the settings I am using.

Mike G.

Now forgetting were I started but the program was keeping up with the correct time each place I moved to this time I ended the flight and the time set itself to 11:35 am at KRNO which doesn't make any sense at all because I ended the flight from KNZY Pacific time at 4:15 pm. and when I started a couple hours ago it was like 1:30 pm at KRNO

Mike G.

Just came across this im my research:

This problem happens this time of year, it's because of the early change to daylight savings time started in 2007, after FSX was developed. Resulting in timezones being messed up until the 1st week in April. (Usually off by one hour behind local time.) This is why UT2 includes the timezone function in their product, to keep it in sync. Without that just set the clock one hour behind to match UTC time, until after this Sunday (I believe) which would have been the normal date to change to DST before 2007.

Anybody heard about it? Found it in an Avsim thread

Mike G.

The thing is, it doesn't happen on my system. When I cross timezones my FS-clock remains okay, even when I switch off all synchronisation options in the programm and FSUIPC.

I still think it's actually related to how Windows handles timezones and the switch to DST. Than again, all PC and laptops here moved to DST at the right moment and time. So why shouldn't FSX?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I am using FSX Acceleration. I believe at least for now as long as I do not end the flight just move from one airport location to another the program keeps up with the time only losing a few minutes which is normal as it does have that little bug anyway. I would use the FSUIPC time sync feature but the screen refreshing right after the move bugs me.

Mike G.

Archived