Helicopter Pilots, where can I get the best P3D v3.1.2 compatible Helicopter?

jring2

I am trying to find something current in a helicopter that will fly nicely in P3d. Good flight model and detail. I particularly would like to locate a nice Executive model I found some old topics here but life has moved on and the recommendations were quite dated. The Dodo site promised a P3d model back in 2012, but nothing has been forthcoming. Pity as they were heralded as the best flight dynamics for FSX. They admitted their 206 was iffy for P3d. Would be nice to find something like a Sikorsky or an AS365. Any suggestions that fly well welcomed.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

"and integrate F1 avionics if you have them."

Thanks for the input. as far as the quote, I don't have a clue so I obviously don't. What and where?

By the way, their rotorcraft looked quite nice and had promising copy. If they fly as good as they look they will be a nice addition. Thanks

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Milviz makes good helos. They have worked with Nemeth Designs, who specialize in helicopters, in the past. Milviz's Huey UH1 is an excellent product.

Nemeth Designs is also a good place to look for helicopters.

Be aware that FSX and PD3 are not good at reproducing helo flight characteristics. Designers often have to code separate dll files to override FSX and PD3 flight engine.

Full disclosure, I am occasionally a Beta tester for Milviz.

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

All the default fsx helos work fine

Bigcav

Thanks for weighing in Bigcav. I'm actually looking for a little more detail and realism than the defaults.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I've found all the Milviz heli's a pleasure to fly.

http://milviz.com/flight/product_listing.php#

The Huey, MD530 and B407 all have realistic startups/shutdowns (if desired) and integrate F1 avionics if you have them.

I couldn't resist the Huey and it is a nice fly. Still getting up to speed on it. So. . a beta tester huh? Can you divulge...? Do they have a planned P3D release on their AW109E? And how does one become a beta tester? I am of course eminently qualified having ridden in Hueys on numerous occasions. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I fly the Milviz 530F and the 407, and having some time in real Heli's as well as a few years in RC helicopters, I think the Milviz copters are pretty realistic, and look great, and they have a good support forum. They install easily into either FSX or P3D, all versions, without having to shoe horn it into P3D, which I don't like to do. .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just bought another copter this weekend. Cera Sim AS 365. Flies and looks great and on the Cera Sim website it is 25% off for a couple of weeks. Even has an autopilot that works well. https://www.cerasimaircraft.com/

Bobsk8,

I have a few questions, please don't take them wrong. I'm just trying to relate to your experiences.

I flew fixed and rotary RW many years ago. I started simming with FSX and P3D a few years ago and found the fixed wing planes to be pretty satisfactory. However I've never felt the choppers I've tried to sim were nearly realistic enough to enjoy.

Do you have RW rotary flight experience? If so, does this AS 365 come close enough To your expectations based on your RW history that you can enjoy it? How about the Milviz Huey?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Bobsk8,

I have a few questions, please don't take them wrong. I'm just trying to relate to your experiences.

I flew fixed and rotary RW many years ago. I started simming with FSX and P3D a few years ago and found the fixed wing planes to be pretty satisfactory. However I've never felt the choppers I've tried to sim were nearly realistic enough to enjoy.

Do you have RW rotary flight experience? If so, does this AS 365 come close enough To your expectations based on your RW history that you can enjoy it? How about the Milviz Huey?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

I have at least 1,000 hours in large RC Helicopters, both flying and teaching others, and a couple of hours in an R 22. I also have about 600 RW hours in fixed wing. I have a pilot friend who is a CFI in both fixed and rotary wing. He hasn't tried the AS 365 but has tried my Milviz 530F and said it was pretty decent. I personally think the AS 365 is even better than the 530F. I tried the default helis in both FSX and P3D and thought they were garbage.

Archived