self extractor will not work.

fdnylt1

I have been trying to install ep3p_vq1.zip ( I actually flew this ac ) but now this old man cannot handle the self extractor included in the down load. I am running windows 8.1 and I get a message that my os does not support this self extractor

I am a pretty old man and any help that anyone could supply would make my day. Thanks you guys are the best!!

And/or the freeware 7Zip . great little bit of softare. It can handle most any .zip file, including .cab files.

I use it exclusively, and haven't had any trouble with any .zip file I've ever run into.

Easy to install, easy to run, easy to assign any zip file to it.

Good luck to you!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Self extractor? Are you referring to the "auto-installer" that puts all of the folders into the correct places in your FSX? So you are able to open up the .zip file and place the "self extractor" on your desktop?

Can you link us to where you downloaded ep3p_vq1.zip from? I can't find it anywhere.

I found this at SOH but it points to the File Library here and is not available.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military

FS2004 Lockheed EP-3E Aries II

[ Download | View ]

Name: ep3e_vq1.zip Size: 29,931,817 Date: 10-03-2005 Downloads: 11,858

ep3e_vq1p.gifep3e_vq1.gifFS2004 Lockheed EP-3E Aries II, a turboprop-based signals reconnaissance aircraft, operated by the United States Navy. It is based on a Lockheed P-3 Orion airframe, which is in turn based on the Lockheed L-188 Electra passenger airliner. There are eleven EP-3Es in the Navy's inventory, the last of which was delivered in 1997. A total of twelve P-3C aircraft were converted to replace older versions of the aircraft, which had been converted in the late 1960s and early 1970s. On April 1, 2001, an EP-3E (PR-32) was intercepted by Chinese F-8 fighter jets about 70 miles off the Chinese island of Hainan. One of the Chinese jets bumped the wing of the EP-3E, which was forced to make an emergency landing in China. VQ-1 provides electronic reconnaissance from the east coast of Africa to the west coast of the United States. The squadron maintains a permanent detachment in Misawa Japan and has maintained a continuous presence in the Arabian Gulf since July 1992. The model is the seventh P3 series aircraft by Team FS KBT. This model was made with Gmax. By Team FS KBT.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

http://www.fs2000.org/2005/10/06/fs2004-lockheed-ep-3e-aries-ii/

Tough monkey to find. I will give it a try and see if it will work in FSX. I would imagine that the installer is trying to point at FS2004, which you and I don't have.

UPDATE. NOT WORTH THE EFFORT! Many fs98 or before gauges so the control panels are fairly useless! You will need another sound file. To use the auto-installer, you need to create your own folder and point the installer to it. Then you need to put all of the appropriate stuff where it belongs. I could not even get it to run! Plenty of Team KBT P-3 Orion for FSX.

P3 view.JPG

p3.JPG

My memory sucks here... does KBT have the EP-3E's?

Jorgen

Yup! From 2005! It was in the Library here but now removed!

Another UPDATE:

By combining the Model.EPVC folder, texture folder, and [fltsim.1] with my good FSX version of the P-3C Orion, I was able to get the engines running and fly this beastie!

I still think it ain't worth the effort! I musta been bored today!

EP-3E.JPG

On the SDH site download FSX Props -Military section - Lockheed P-3C ORION FSX V3.2_with_fixes.zip

Then down load the model file - Lockheed EP-3E FSX.zip

KBT's P-3s work fine in FSX

+1 That should work fine!

Archived