Need help...

KCD

I have three or four Piper Navajo models. One is particularly good, but it's a bad flyer. Is there a way to surgically improve the performance characteristics by substituting some files from one (or more) of the others that are better flyers?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

All the performance & flying characteristics data are held in the aircraft.cfg & air file so you could use the aircraft.cfg & air file from the good performing aircraft with the good models, make copies of the original files first, you will need to rename the air file you are going to use to match the air file you are replacing, also you will need to add the fltsim.x info from the original aircraft.cfg to the doner aircraft.cfg.

Or, alternatively, you can just cut-n-paste sections from the donor aircraft's aircraft.cfg or .air files to the recipient.

It saves you some renaming and such. As PAULCRAIG mentioned, make sure you make a back-up of the original files before you start changing anything, of course.

Have fun with it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived