Getting rid of Default buildings FS2004

tbenn52139

I've been at this since 1995 and still can't figure out why some payware Airports "example Newark" still show the default buildings and terminals mixed in with new airport scenery. I've tried every thing including removing the AP928071.BGL file from the FS2004 scenery/name file. My AFCAD Tool shows the default AFCAD for Newark is gone, but when I go back to the payware Newark airport the default buildings terminals are still mixed in with scenery. This has been an ongoing battle for the last couple of years. Can anyone tell me where in can go in the system to get rid of the building???

Thanks TBenn

If you have photoscenery installed which covers the Newark area, the 'default' airport scenery could be in the photoscenery's Scenery folder for that area now. Photoscenery will sometimes exclude the default airports, so replacement scenery is provided in this way. I have a lot of FranceVFR scenery which works this way.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This has worked best for me. First thing is to check there are no duplicate AFCADs. Then open the AFCAD for the scenery you are using with ADE9x and add an exclusion polygon over the airport or the part where the default buildings are that you wish to remove. Save and compile into the scenery folder where your AFCAD is located. You can give it the same name and overwrite the old AFCAD, but I generally let it use the new name and then I remove the old AFCAD from the scenery folder.

Archived