Back to FS, need some tips for better performance

R3AP3R

Hello,

I've decided to get back to the wonderful world of Flight Sim after around 6-7 years. I used to play FS9 but my PC was never able to handle FSX. Since I've recently purchased a new laptop, I couldn't resist much without thinking about finally trying FSX.

Anyway, I would like to ask a few things because, after so many years, I kinda forgot almost everything about this game. Mostly when it comes to addons, I used to know almost every single payware addon for FS9...yep, I'm an addons freak :D

So:

1. I have FSX Steam Edition, apparently it's supposed to perform better then the boxed version, especially on newer systems. True? (by the way, I need to mention I haven't installed the game yet, it will happen tomorrow most likely)

2. I remember seeing many years ago, I believe it was on flightsimstore, an addon designed to help FSX run smoother. I remember reading thru the comments and a lot of people were saying that it actually works. I can't find this addon anymore, anyone happens to know what I'm talking about?

3. Any other tips for better performance would be useful

Here's my system by the way:

i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti, no SSD yet sadly

I'll be running the game with quite a lot of addons. REX, Ultimate Terrain, Terrain Mesh, planes and so on.

Thanks, looking forward to your replies

Asus ROG GL553VE: i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 1TB HDD

Base Addons: FS Global, Ultimate Terrain, FS Evolution, REX, A2A 3D Lights Redux, ENB/Reshade/SweetFX

I think the old program you were looking for was FSX Game Booster. May not even be available any longer. FPSP Fiber Accelerator is now sold in the Pilot shop.

Remember that FSX needs a speedy CPU, especially if running a lot of payware addons.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not dropping by with a reply earlier. I gave up on installing FSX (it doesn't seem to like Windows 10) and decided to get back to the good old FS2004. I have a ton of addons for FS2004, unlike FSX, and at least I can run it maxed out...I just have to figure out how to get rid of the jaggies with the help of nvidia inspector.

Thanks for the help though, good day.

Asus ROG GL553VE: i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 1TB HDD

Base Addons: FS Global, Ultimate Terrain, FS Evolution, REX, A2A 3D Lights Redux, ENB/Reshade/SweetFX

Archived