I wanted a RealAir Duke, but they are out of business...

No_Inflight_Meal

So, am I "out of gas?"

No_Inflight_Meal?

As I did post on January 02, I've been in contact with Rob, from RealAir, and

he was negotiating with other distributors to take over the sale of their products.

Unfortunately, they had to close for very understandable reasons.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get the Duke Turbine V2 in a near future.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

v2 had customizable GTN 650/750 integration which was probably the most significant change. Better visual model too (interior especially). By the time they got it into P3D they'd worked on the turboprop reverser effect, sounds & effect were the best I've ever seen in 17 years of flight simming. The v1 was still pretty awesome though, I was a little surprised they found anything to improve upon until I saw it with my own eyes. No idea if it works with Steam but you can most likely do the dummy FSX boxed folder trick and copy files across into your Steam edition (or P3D).

EDIT: maybe I misspoke, I'm talking about the Turbine Duke, the piston Duke to my knowledge never had GTN integration. I don't know what the difference between the piston v1 and v2 was as I never had either.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to realize that the speed and range depend on the altitude and power settings. Just on average figure 215 kt cruise and ~700 miles range with 45 minute reserve at 15,000 feet. Performance charts are provided with the aircraft. You should go ahead and get it - support is irrelevant because the product is mature and any problems you have are probably self or system generated. It is a fine model - read the documents before you fly it!

DJ

Archived